Detector(s) used
AT pro W. 5x8 DD coil.
Equinox (soon?)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 - Copy a.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

This is from my first hunt (besides test garden in my back yard and a quick 1 hr test run) with my new Equinox.
Initially I was frustrated as it is a lot different than my AT Pro that I have gotten quite adept at. but I decided to dig everything that was repeatable so as to understand what everything sounds like (and displays)
this target I initially decided to pass up, I hit it with park 1 and 2 and it didn't sound good in park 2 and I don't recall if it picked up in park 1. so I walked away and my gut said to hit it one more time. so I put it in field 2 and it sounded great. it came in a solid repeatable 8. I found it about 6 inches down and the chain was not balled up.

0 threshold
8 for ground balance, not for a particular reason but because I didn't know how to adjust it or what the values are for this machine.
7 for recovery
20 or 19 for sensitivity

-Happy hunting

Upvote 22

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome find. Congrats! Makes my wait for my 800 that much more painful.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. The inexperienced newbie doesn't dig the iffy targets. The rest of us clean up like nobody's business.

OP
OP
penggali

penggali

Jan 30, 2018
WA
Detector(s) used
AT pro W. 5x8 DD coil.
Equinox (soon?)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This machine gives me new hope for my pounded out sites.
The spot I found it in has been hit by many a detector, with AT Pros, CTX 3030, V3i iv even seen a guy swinging one of those old Garrett GTI 2500. and last month I was over the same spot with my AT Pro

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should be better than the AT for sure. When I moved to the HF coil on the Deus, it was like I had never been to any of my sites before. I am sincerely glad you're getting it out there and having fun.

One thing I have noticed about "hunted out" sites. Sometimes its just the angle of attack, the way the coil is tilted (or not) above the ground, ground moisture, little things like that. Frost heaving the soil. Sometimes it's not so much the machine. Things to think on.

Last edited:

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!:occasion14: I walk over the same 10 sites year after year,always find new stuff. Up here in nh, I definitely think frost heaves work in our favor!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1562000 View attachment 1562001
View attachment 1562002
View attachment 1562003

This is from my first hunt (besides test garden in my back yard and a quick 1 hr test run) with my new Equinox.
Initially I was frustrated as it is a lot different than my AT Pro that I have gotten quite adept at. but I decided to dig everything that was repeatable so as to understand what everything sounds like (and displays)
this target I initially decided to pass up, I hit it with park 1 and 2 and it didn't sound good in park 2 and I don't recall if it picked up in park 1. so I walked away and my gut said to hit it one more time. so I put it in field 2 and it sounded great. it came in a solid repeatable 8. I found it about 6 inches down and the chain was not balled up.

0 threshold
8 for ground balance, not for a particular reason but because I didn't know how to adjust it or what the values are for this machine.
7 for recovery
20 or 19 for sensitivity

-Happy hunting

Nice find, I would dig everything from 1-10 no matter what it sounded like.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice gold recovery! :notworthy:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I even dig what I know are Civil War ration cans, iron. They are about $35 each now.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats and great find with the nox! I too canโ€™t wait to receive mine. Keep hunting and posting your finds. HH

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWEET!!!!!!!!!! :hello2:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find. My Equinox 800 is due to be delivered in April.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bringing home the gold,
I think the machine probably locked in on the charm.
That's a sweet find.
Congratulations

OP
OP
penggali

penggali

Jan 30, 2018
WA
Detector(s) used
AT pro W. 5x8 DD coil.
Equinox (soon?)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bringing home the gold,
I think the machine probably locked in on the charm.
That's a sweet find.
Congratulations

I think ill put it in my test garden and run some tests with it splayed out and balled up, too see how it reads

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of wish I needed a new machine, but I'm not a believer in closet queens, and have two pretty new beauties at the moment. I'd like to see what the Equinox II will look like when (or if) they take consumer feedback into consideration and will be interesting to see what (or if) accessories like an "S" shaft will be coming along. New toys are fun. It would be an upgrade for a lot of folks if they have the bucks.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Au4u!!! ๐Ÿ™Œ Nicely done!!!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YEP THATS MINE . THE INITIAL IS EXACT..........NICE FINDS

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
This machine gives me new hope for my pounded out sites.
The spot I found it in has been hit by many a detector, with AT Pros, CTX 3030, V3i iv even seen a guy swinging one of those old Garrett GTI 2500. and last month I was over the same spot with my AT Pro

Nice job going back to that signal you passed up! When my EQ8 gets here, I can't wait to hit the area's I've hit before. Pretty sure my AT will be turned into the new coils for the EQ:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread