Sunday Field Monday Hill Hunts.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. I'll dig anything. Preferably coins, jewelry, and valuable things but, I am really after old stuff. Today I hit the sand box field and tried to slow down my swing a bit. It worked as I was able to snag a few cool old relics in areas I have covered several times. I scored another axe head, wedge, "hoe", and some hook thingy for my iron presentation. Much more just filled my trunk. I got a few more horse tack rivets, a very nice green patina valve, some "points" for an old car?, head stamp brass, and these skinny little brass tubes I have bee finding in this field. I did manage a lonely and crusty 1903 Indian Head Cent. At the end of the day I got a weird looking round lead "seal" or something. I thought it was a Roman coin! LOL! Had fun and finished off another weekend well spent. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

1903 Indian Axe Head Lead Seal Schultz 003.JPG 1903 Indian Axe Head Lead Seal Schultz 004.JPG 1903 Indian Axe Head Lead Seal Schultz 005.JPG 1903 Indian Axe Head Lead Seal Schultz 009.JPG 1903 Indian Axe Head Lead Seal Schultz 010.JPG 1903 Indian Axe Head Lead Seal Schultz 011.JPG 1903 Indian Axe Head Lead Seal Schultz 002.JPG 1903 Indian Axe Head Lead Seal Schultz 004.JPG 1903 Indian Axe Head Lead Seal Schultz 005.JPG 1903 Indian Axe Head Lead Seal Schultz 007.JPG 1903 Indian Axe Head Lead Seal Schultz 008.JPG 1903 Indian Axe Head Lead Seal Schultz 009.JPG

Howdy Again Folks. I misplaced my post last night and combined Sunday with today's short afternoon session. Got a few more old relics. Adios. Not sure if the pictures are showing up from my hack job copy and paste?!?

Last edited:
Upvote 18

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of finds Kevin.
Looks like you are on good ground

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fun stuff to dig even if not of value, better than tabs and zincs

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_o.gif
Nice assortment of finds Kurios1. I have found a bunch of "spigots" - you will be surprised how nicely they clean up. Many are made of brass and look great when cleaned up. Thanks for sharing...

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fun stuff to dig even if not of value, better than tabs and zincs

Thanks Mr. Gordon. It's not the $$$ value that stirs me up as much as the target's age and historic relevance. Even old rusty stuff is cool to me. Beer cans, pull tabs, and zincs can all go to HADES!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post and cool finds, as usual. I always enjoy your posts.

Much appreciated sir. I enjoy the pursuit of old stuff. Usually not overly impressive but, I try to recover interesting things and provide some examples of finds to some of the newer folks in detecting. Adios.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_o.gif
Nice assortment of finds Kurios1. I have found a bunch of "spigots" - you will be surprised how nicely they clean up. Many are made of brass and look great when cleaned up. Thanks for sharing...

I love old brass items when they present themselves with that aged green patina. Love the little spigot thingy. Thanks buddy.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Liking the patina on the tap an IH, silver should be lurking in the soils for your efforts soon.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liking the patina on the tap an IH, silver should be lurking in the soils for your efforts soon.

Lovely old greenness makes me happy. Folks keep telling me silver is just around the corner on this sight? I've managed two silver dimes in nine years here. A Rosie and my oldest US silver @ 1849 O Seated Dime. Darn happy with the latter one but, would love to meet her sisters, mother, and granny!:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ah it seems that the silvers aren't readily available at some homesteads. I have detected a few Quaker homesteads and now we're talking no coinage, very tight purse strings it seemed.
But what's great is when one pops up in the soils its kind of special.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice spread, I am a big fan of IHPs (still need to find my own), really enjoy learning from your posts!!:thumbsup:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You sir, had a fine day hunting! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice spread, I am a big fan of IHPs (still need to find my own), really enjoy learning from your posts!!:thumbsup:

Until I began metal detecting I never really thought about coins much. After I started popping up smooth green Indian Head Cents with amazing details I knew I had found my favorite US minted coin design. Don't get me wrong, I love old silver coins for sure. Just something about the transformation that creates a beautiful green patina on a copper that mystifies me.:love10:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sir, had a fine day hunting! :occasion14:

Thanks Professor. Much appreciated. I have to work my tail off to scavenge an old coin from this permission. Hauling the axe heads and wedges in my Park Ranger pouch puts a hurt on my aging hips!:'( Not complaining a bit though. I feel so incredibly blessed to have a sight like this where at any moment I could actually find something that causes me to go running across the turf shouting for JOY! Ah, still dreaming my friend.:hello:

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice assortment of finds there!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time well spent indeed. It's nice when you can get outside and enjoy. I like the hook and the spigot valve piece!

A man that appreciates old rusty relics. COOL! I love old rusty tools. Some poor sod buster worked their tail off to feed the family with that piece of iron. I have to appreciate that. Old green brass items happen to be some of my favorites. Rich green patina makes me grin all goofy looking!;D I can't think of anything I would rather do with my free time than go exploring for treasure. Thanks for chiming in and Happy Hunting!:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread