🥇 BANNER My Holy Grail....A Confederate Belt Plate!!

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
A very sub-par detecting day turned spectacular in a matter of seconds on Saturday afternoon when I dug a screaming "82" on my F-75. My hunt was into the eighth hour and I had only scored a couple of small pieces of lead. My hunting buddy hadn't done much better so we decided to move to another part of the property. While exiting the field I continued detecting and after just a few steps the detector stopped me in my tracks with the "82". I dug a large plug and lifted out the target. I was confused at the small clump of dirt with 3 little prongs sticking out. I liked the shape and a little green began to show through.....I quickly flipped it over and started gently wiping away the dirt. I was so hoping to see "CSA" looking back but I saw nothing. I flipped it back over to inspect the prongs and now I'm convinced it's a belt plate of some kind. I flip back to the front and got a little more aggressive in rubbing...then a huge "C" appears and is quickly followed by an "S".
I have never been so excited while detecting (maybe ever). I think in part because I was very tired and had dug trash all day... and also because finding a CS buckle had always been just a dream.--JB

Attachments

• IMG_3164.PNG
    IMG_3164.PNG
    4.4 MB · Views: 737
  • IMG_3162.PNG
    IMG_3162.PNG
    4.8 MB · Views: 464
  • IMG_3161.PNG
    IMG_3161.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 390
Upvote 152
OP
OP
JBnNC

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Not in any way to take away from your find but it was almost two years to the day that I dug the same type CS buckle that you did only mine was not in as great shape as yours with all three spun hooks intact. The color of yours is amazing too,can still see some of the black finish through that beautiful green. Congrats on a spectacular find!

Thanks CoilyGirl, I remember your buckle....maybe used to be your avatar prior to the current CSA?...both of your CS buckles are awesome.
Now I need the CSA to catch up you.....wishful thinking and powerful motivation---JB

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jebus Monkey Balls! What a find! Huge Congratulations!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on achieving your first BANNER JB! :occasion14:
What an amazing find to achieve it with too! :thumbsup:

Dave

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a relic hunter but that sure would have made me fan out my peacock tail feathers if I'd of found it! Huge congratulations!!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have made the find of a lifetime. Congrats on an amazing dig!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Superb!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread