3 day total 62 silver coins,silver rings and gold rings

olas13

Oct 12, 2004
Rhode Island,USA
Detector(s) used
Excaliber 2,minelab sov., whites surfmaster. tesoro.equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello everyone,I was able to take advantage of last weeks nor easter damage to the R.I. Shoreline Friday mourning and was handsomely rewarded.
Right away I started getting signals in the high range which for us minelab users spells good things. One after the other came out these crusty discs. Most only able to be determined as dime or quarter or half and Dollar! There was no resting, it was unreal. I was desperate for some low tones but wasn't getting any. After a couple of nickles I dug a great low tone and popped my first gold ring and tiny is an understatement. But checking the hole there was still a signal and i scored a second tiny gold! Sweet.
Here are pics of day one. Zapped and tumbed for effect. No key dates before tumbling DSCN3362.JPG 27 silver,3 W.L;s ,Q's,dimes,2 gold rings.
DSCN3363.JPG

Not to be long winded so here are days 2 and 3. In the crusty state. day 2 scored another ring and a Peace Dollar.
DSCN3364.JPG Day 3 coins,2 silver rings,one silver religios medal. Unreal ,8.5 hours hunting total. I'm now officially crippled!

But these help the Pain. DSCN3369.JPG

DSCN3371 - Copy.JPG I think I buffed the top of a compass on the ring,2 downward lines barely visable under bird?
DSCN3372.JPG DSCN3376.JPG

Thanks for looking and HH!!

Totals 1 peace dollar, 3 WL halves, 14 wash. Q's ,1 SL Q ,27 merc's, 16 rosies, 2 silver rings, 3 gold rings, 1 silver cross medal.

Last edited:
Upvote 59

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy frickin smokes dude, this is unreal!!!!! I'm voting banner for your sheer tenacity and volume of finds. Maybe a collective group shot of it all together?
I agree - Banner 3 days
banner shouldn't be just for singular good finds - should be for great days and great trips too :notworthy:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great three days you had, congrats on the totals and the bling.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Helluva hunt!!! Hope you score even more! 🙌 I'd be camping on that beach.

Thaddeus

Dec 29, 2017
NFA
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 400i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you hit this beach before? Was the sand visably shifted off lower? Just trying to learn a little about a beaches reaction to storms in a md sense......blown away seeing you pull three golds and an old silver in three days not to mention the hige hoarde of coins.......so impressed with your hunt. You said two golds in the same hole? Wow.......you really know when your on the right chanel when that happens

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's all I can say, I will vote banner when I figure out how to do it. Holy smokes.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome hunt! Proof the good stuff is buried out there. Congrats!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you just made winter pay!

Very nice haul of gold & silver!
Congrats!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
olas13

olas13

Oct 12, 2004
Rhode Island,USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Have you hit this beach before? Was the sand visably shifted off lower? Just trying to learn a little about a beaches reaction to storms in a md sense......blown away seeing you pull three golds and an old silver in three days not to mention the hige hoarde of coins.......so impressed with your hunt. You said two golds in the same hole? Wow.......you really know when your on the right chanel when that happens

Hi and thanks for the comments. Thats my 2nd fav. hunting spot. The sand was GONE huge rocks showing were it is usually all sand, thats when the hunting is awesome.
Noreasters move sand here in RI>. Winter and spring storms are best.When you are getting targets every step u have to let some regular coin sounds pass and go for the low and very high tones.(Minelab tones that is.) Bob.

OP
OP
olas13

olas13

Oct 12, 2004
Rhode Island,USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Wow, that's all I can say, I will vote banner when I figure out how to do it. Holy smokes.
I've never had a banner posted. the button to vote banner is right there at the header of your post,(small red rectangle in the brown header over on the right.)
A few people said they were nominating for banner but I don't see anything related to those votes?
Thanks Bob

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mother Nature got nothing on you! That's how you take advantage of a unique hunting situation. Congrats!

SilverLunker

Nov 4, 2013
New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My banner vote is in!! I'm pretty sure you need a certain amount of votes but I'm not sure what that number is. Great hunt!! How fast does the sand fill back in?

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had a banner posted. the button to vote banner is right there at the header of your post,(small red rectangle in the brown header over on the right.)
A few people said they were nominating for banner but I don't see anything related to those votes?
Thanks Bob
Ok I went to the actual site and got it in. I was on the mobile app.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I voted BANNER already - absolute dream hunt! My curiosity got the best of me, had to add up the silver coinage = $10.55 silver face.......

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Super high numbers of good finds! [emoji106]

Top Member Reactions