Goodwill employee permission

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, managed to make friends with an employee at goodwill because they have him working in four stores. So naturally we struck up conversation as I was looking for jewelry.

I pulled up and the first hole I dug was a silver ring, followed by the next two holes which were wheat.

I was pretty excited with those being the first three targets but that was all that was found of interest besides the clad, have to go back there again.

20180317_110546.jpg

Fellow Tnetter justcurious stopped by and we headed to a spot he had found a mercury dime at.

About halfway through our hunt I realised I had iron audio off....stupid stupid stupid. As soon as I turned it on I found this old buckle of some sort. Then some boy scout stuff. Also, another one of these odd handles of some sort...it's like the 6th one I have found I believe.

1521319244261.jpeg
1521319363727.jpeg

We headed to where his 1918 merc was found and I had this horrible signal that I took a chance on and popped out the 1935 mercury. Sorry no dirt pics for it just started raining. I Like dirt pics. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

20180317_162028.jpg

Upvote 12
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! :occasion14:

I always hunt with iron audio ON, but others find the audio ON too busy...user preference. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! :occasion14:

I always hunt with iron audio ON, but others find the audio ON too busy...user preference. :icon_thumleft:
Well, for me it's a fact that you have the chance of hearing targets that otherwise would have been ignored....so I'm with you on that one...no such thing as too busy in my book lol!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe those "handles" you are referring too are civil war tent rope fastener thingies. I can't remember but, I have found at least one before and seen others found on here. Don't toss it in the trash! Nice hunting mate.:headbang:

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe those "handles" you are referring too are civil war tent rope fastener thingies. I can't remember but, I have found at least one before and seen others found on here. Don't toss it in the trash! Nice hunting mate.:headbang:
You are correct, used during that period up to WWI from what I'm reading. So my scrap bucket of brass and copper probably has other relics as well. I'm accumulating a lot of stuff haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread