Trash so bad just honored the code picked up 5 gal trash donated to misquitos & left

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trash so bad just honored the code picked up 5 gal trash donated to misquitos & left

Yesterday was hot here in Central Florida 85 degrees and clear. So I went back to my Dad's to hunt for his two missing rings. "cudamark"had given me a tip on how to get closer to the pool cage and I wanted to clear this assignment. So I did and was done in a little over a hour and still no rings. So with the scent of my new Garret in my rig on the way home I needed more of a cure for the day. I had been wanting to detect a small parking lot at a Trail Head on SR 54, but there is always a almost full parking lot. There was no one there so I pulled in. Seeing the amount of surface trash, I pulled my caveman detector(trash picker upper) and my 5 gal bucket to clean the place up some. After clearing over half a bucket, I decided to give it a shot. So I put on my pouch and got out my GTI 2500 & digging knife.

I put my search coil to the ground and it started to squeal and kept squeeling no matter where I sat it Ends up the State Road mowing crew had just come a couple of days before and probably many times over the years and mowed beer cans. It was like chaff. I never dug. I could of discriminated surface, but once I realized how much sharp aluminum there was in the soft sand, I just dug trash with my feet and my picker. It was about then that I realized that the mosquitoes had found me and that I was a blood transfer point or were guarding any buried treasure by the 1000's...enough! Home to that beautiful A/C and FOX News watching all the snow and weather my buds up north are suffering through. Some times we just have to Honor our Code of Ethics over the reward of a new find. Will go back again to that park in the swamp, but with fresh repellent.

Upvote 6

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done mate. It is an honor code of ethics that many detectorists maintain by cleaning up the litter that so many other inconsiderate buffoons leave behind. Good on you to risk malaria to get a start on cleaning up that spot. I try to honor my wonderful farmer friends by pulling all the nasty iron I can handle from their fields. T posts, spikes, and loads of other iron can damage equipment or puncture tires and cause lost time and money in their busy day. It also is just good detecting philosophy to get the trash out that is masking the better finds. Kudos.:icon_salut:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread