watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a VERY interesting day with DesPlaines Silver Bob and Skinny Puppy.

We ended up with with 2 silver Rosies, 2 silver Washingtons and a silver, SEATED dime! Now, how we got these, is something I'll never forget.

We embarked on our 70-mile quest for silver (one way) at 7:30AM with our final destination at an island park along the Kankakee River in Momence, IL. . . I (we) have never dug so many pull tabs that masqueraded themselves as something that we all would want them to be. After 2-1/2-hours of fighting mosquitoes, digging pull-tabs, bottle caps, shredded aluminum and clad at this park, we decided to catch a late breakfast at I-Hop (we earned it!) and check out some small farming community churches along the back roads on the way home.

In the last town we hit, we were approached in mid-hunting swing by a pony-tailed, portly gent who traveled the open road in his 18-wheeler. He introduced himself as Frank from Mississippi and said he was pleased to meet some fellow MDer's. After a half-hour conversation, he pulled out a leather pouch from his back pocket and showed us some of HIS finds. . . including a USA Bar Cent and a 2-1/2-dollar gold :o Well, after showing him what WE found this morning, he must have felt sorry for us. He told us to come down to his truck that was parked down the street and said he had something for us. He rummaged in his truck for several minutes and came out with a quart, zip-lock bag full of SILVER (yes,WILVER!) coins that he had MD'd during the past year. He then did the unthinkable. . . he GAVE us each several coins. We were TOTALLY blown away by his kindness and generocity :).

Talk about silver karma!

Upvote 0

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Great story.
And yes Mary, there is a Santa Claus.
and some genuinely nice people!

Attachments

• 2686750174.jpg
    2686750174.jpg