Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a nice mental health day with a friend from Tnet. I was invited to a awesome property and we dug out a small portion of a pit. I wish I could have shown pics of the area, the house is from 18thc. and is in great shape. I love old architecture. The place has been hit before but we all know how that goes ( cherry pickers). Lots of broken glass and pottery, we saved 6-7 bottles. I think I can piece and complete 2 more. We split all the finds and made the homeowner a nice display, whats pictured below is just a portion. My favorite finds of the hunt was the complete bottles, the cool Lock, and a 18th c. Mother of Pearl 4-prong button. Ended up with 2 pewter spoon handles, harmonica reeds, 5 buttons, cufflink, lead seal, and complete buckle. I had a blast, great way to unwind from these last few weeks. Thanks for looking GL&HH
IMG_0330.JPG IMG_0331.JPG IMG_0332.JPG IMG_0333.JPG IMG_0340.JPG IMG_0341.JPG IMG_0342.JPG IMG_0344.JPG
The 18th. Mother of Pearl button. Camera doesn't show the quality IMG_0338.JPG IMG_0339.JPG

I also have 2 relics I cant identify so if anyone has any ideas please feel free. First one is this small piece with lead filled with a slit. It looks familiar but ??? Its only about 5/8'' inch long. I thought maybe the tip to a arrow, the slit would hold like a razor blade :icon_scratch:
IMG_0335.JPG IMG_0336.JPG

My other mystery item was this carved stone. It was found in the pit mixed with everything else. Its very heavy like a granite or marble. You can see some rust marks from all the iron in the pit. I would really like to know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks
IMG_0343.JPG IMG_0345.JPG IMG_0346.JPG IMG_0347.JPG IMG_0349.JPG IMG_0350.JPG

Upvote 27

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One heck of a hunt with all sorts of goodies. No idea on the stone

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did great! In the iron bowl I see a horse bit about 100 years old. That padlock is one of the neatest I have ever seen. The stone is definitely odd. I don't think I've seen anything like it before. Is it naturally tan color or lighter?

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did great! In the iron bowl I see a horse bit about 100 years old. That padlock is one of the neatest I have ever seen. The stone is definitely odd. I don't think I've seen anything like it before. Is it naturally tan color or lighter?

It has a solid tone of different greys highlighted with tan veins. The padlock is really neat.

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some great finds! That is a very unique looking lock!

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow nice hunt with a assortment of finds:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rock almost looks like marble.

Yea I'm not sure if its a Marble or Granite. I do however know how much work it takes to craft these stones. Especially in the 18th c. this would have taken some effort. I was thinking maybe a warming stone, don't know yet.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous padlock and cool old bottles. Makes you wish you could set up a large sifter and begin a serious excavation of such historic old sights. Hope you can do some more work there. Well done!:headbang:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking lock, a real beauty. Congrats on the hunt.

How Lucky

Jul 14, 2015
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your on the right path with calling it a warming stone. I think its Soapstone used to warm something or someone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread