Another Big First For Me! US Eagle Breast Plate!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a little detecting time on Sunday and went to a new spot in hopes of some Civil War relics. I've been trying to locate ground in a heavily developed area to find pockets to dig in. This spot is pretty much a swamp surrounded by thickets and some small areas of grass. I got started and could quickly tell that most of the grassy area was fill dirt. There was some higher ground on the other side of the swamp and I made my way across, the first good signal was a nice dropped bullet. I slowly worked my way around digging tons of trash and then I got a great signal down deep right next to one of the bullets I had just dug. I cut a nice big plug and worked my way down about 10"-12" and rolled out a heavy round disk and could see the lead back. I did the "please let this be a breast plate" prayer as I was turning it over and trying to get the caked on mud off to reveal that beautiful eagle! I was in shock and so excited to get my first one! I spent some time getting a few pics and just enjoying the moment. I hunted it pretty hard and found a few more bullets along with a flat button, a knapsack triangle and a really old latch clasp. It sure is a good feeling when you hunt these out of the way shot in the dark areas and they pay off. It makes up for all the other times I hunt a spot and get skunked. HH-David

n1J6ZAI.jpg 2bP6GJ0.jpg f4lQzZm.jpg

ykBxWT8.jpg 3Xw6K22.jpg ZVP73Oi.jpg

Upvote 51

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first one Dave. What an excellent find. The rest of your relics dont look to bad either.

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice! Still looking for my first one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread