Shake mill relics...back on the goods

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a couple days to spend up at the 1890-1920 cedar shake mill. I am picking nails in areas that have had a burned bunkhouse or family house. The process is slow going but I am getting enough reward for my time and I feel like I'm in a area that could produce just about anything. The place is a time capsule with no modern garbage... IMG_2288.JPG

nothing crazy found, the 1912 s wheat penny is a semi key date. The "president" suspender clip is a different design of text than I'm used to finding, buttons from Tacoma, Wash "Day's big five" brand and the first "Finck Detroit" overall buttons with the actual pig face on the design.
A small trouser waist clip that says "Catch-On"...a old buckle, possibly horse tack? Or pre-1900 suspender buckle? Carbine sling buckle?
headstamps from Rem-UMC 44 wcf and "Peters" .25-35
a (men's sock?)garter clip with a star
smoking pipe mouth piece and a woman's hair pick were my awesome eyeball finds... IMG_2287.JPG

Upvote 14

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, some nice old finds you found:icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice collection of relics, congratulations! GL & HH

OP
OP
highnam

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys... sometimes it takes 100 nails before you get a keeper but even a button will keep me going

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread