IMG_20180324_131217.jpg 4 hours of work. 11 cents in clad

Upvote 19

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL On days like that i sometimes take a quarter and throw it on the ground to make sure my detector is working proper.

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So funny, as I said this out loud on my last hunt. Climbed a huge hill in a hard to get to spot. Had an old structure on 1847 map. Half way up I said that exact quote - so much of this hobby is willing to go that extra step - to places where people wouldn't go. fyi, I never found the spot on this go around, but I will go back. carry on...

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yesterday, hard day and 11 cents to show for it, a dime and a penny. a lot of holes, a lot of trash with a few cool things but mainly trash. kind of like fishing all day with just a small fish to show for it. but.....one hole can change your whole attitude

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1568470 4 hours of work. 11 cents in clad

Digging all that trash will eventually pay off. Folks who dig garbage signals and clear their sights find some pretty cool things. Keep after it mate. You're right, it ain't easy.:icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job! Keep digging the iffy signals and the goodies will eventually fill your finds pouch! GL & HH

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain, bro!! :BangHead:
Gotta shake out the trash to get to the goodies!! I've been doing that for 2 weeks now on a permission..........
Just hang in there!!! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
A

ATProBro

Greenie
Mar 23, 2018
Palmer Township
Detector(s) used
At pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies everyone, my parents bought a new house surrounded by old farms. Once I get this trash out of the way hopefully some goods will follow!

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been digging trash, four 5 gallon buckets to date of mainly road mesh, can slaw, beer cans, old fencing wire and barbed wire for almost two months on my first permission. I have found 2 Memorial penny's and some reusable lag screws and washers. I have thrown that quarter several times!! As a "Greenie" with equipment that is way smarter then me, I now call it my training site. Two acres, two months and two cents. So the only valuable thing I have found so far is education, experience with my MD and working on my gear setup. And the blessing of at least being able to get out and dig!. Next time I go there I am going to go over a section that I have already covered and see if I missed anything! God I love this addiction!

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some days are just like that... It's always fun though!!!

KenG

Mar 16, 2018
East TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass II, Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not sure what this is but my wife dug the exact same thing on our farm a couple of weeks ago. Oh and your day looks like one of my days hunting the farm. LOL.

Ken

Capture1.PNG

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cant tell you the amount of family - friends and co workers that have ran out and bought machines after seeing my finds - thinking it is easy
probably 30 +
and only one still dabbles with it
heck ...I wanted to quit after my first year 12 yrs old -1975) but stuck with a 2nd year
hit my own yard and learned my machine and was lucky I had all kinds of finds in my small yard
I learned to slow down and try and go for everything - its paid off :thumbsup:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
MOST of the time my hunts look like that, but every once in awhile, I find something good that keeps my hopes up.

The real deal is to enjoy the experience. It's outside in the fresh air and sunshine, it should be peaceful, you might see some wildlife and you get to hang out with other MDers. Since I don't find much, I try to look like I enjoy the hunt!

Best of luck to you sir!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread