My first time metal detecting. My first big find.

Shaun21Napier89

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was excited after purchasing my first MD from Academy. I don't really know what I'm doing yet. I ran around in my back yard really quick then i took it up to my neighborhood park. After getting a few hits and digging up dumb stuff. I started scanning through the sand on the play ground. I got a few modern day coins. I got to admit i was pretty excited. Then i got a crazy hit. I started digging... you've got to think this is my first time. My hearts racing pretty good. I found a mason jar with gold looking coins. I nervously took the lid off and shook the coins out in to my hand. As i start make out what they say my nervous turn into anger...I found some kids stash of Chuck-E-Cheese coins. Where a kid can be a kid. I put the coins back in the jar with the few coins i found earlier and berried it back in the sand. It's pretty funny now that i think about it. In the moment I was a little upset. Anyone else find something and their nervous go threw the roof. Then find out its fake or not what you thought it was.

Upvote 21

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread