My first time metal detecting. My first big find.

Shaun21Napier89

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was excited after purchasing my first MD from Academy. I don't really know what I'm doing yet. I ran around in my back yard really quick then i took it up to my neighborhood park. After getting a few hits and digging up dumb stuff. I started scanning through the sand on the play ground. I got a few modern day coins. I got to admit i was pretty excited. Then i got a crazy hit. I started digging... you've got to think this is my first time. My hearts racing pretty good. I found a mason jar with gold looking coins. I nervously took the lid off and shook the coins out in to my hand. As i start make out what they say my nervous turn into anger...I found some kids stash of Chuck-E-Cheese coins. Where a kid can be a kid. I put the coins back in the jar with the few coins i found earlier and berried it back in the sand. It's pretty funny now that i think about it. In the moment I was a little upset. Anyone else find something and their nervous go threw the roof. Then find out its fake or not what you thought it was.

Upvote 21

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Story.... Congrats on your new detector

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're not a "real" detectorist until you have found your first Chuck E. Cheese token - Congratulations!! :laughing7::skullflag:

Attachments

• jones8511 003.jpg
    jones8511 003.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 106

hucklburry

Dec 18, 2010
I found one at a brass plant, I guess they make or made them there, it was by a scrap bin and beat to heck, was a visual find during work. I wonder where I put it....

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The swing of the coil will determine the value of the find. My last mason jar was full of Gold coins. That is because I swing from the left to the right with a little push forward to accentuate the value of the target.
Congrats on your C.C . Tokens
Now where did I put my meds??

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the addiction! You are ruined forever!
It will NEVER stop now!

You're gonna want to repeat that scenario now....with the real thing! LOL

Welcome to T-net!

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two weeks ago I dug a very deep sword blade that turned into a lawn mower blade :BangHead:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fondly refer to the C.E.C. tokens as "Rat Regurgitation Palace" tokens. Every school and park has them! Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that gets your pulse up, but I'm always excited with junk jewelry when I first see it and that's better than finding just junk or clad. Good luck & happy hunting.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love finding those tokens! :occasion14:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of Luck to you and keep at it. One day you will find a mason jar full of Gold coins. And not Chucky Cheese tokens either. Great story.

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, nice story and hunt, in my book any token is a nice find. :icon_thumright: In my part of the world i probably will never find one of those tokens

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AH THE OLE CHUCKSTER COIN . WELCOME NEW MEMBER.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the club! I’d say a Chucky Cheese token is a pretty good start.

Cantstopdigging

Sep 9, 2016
NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love those tokens too. If I were you, I would go back and dig them up clean them and save them. You may not know this, but some of those tokens can fetch $1000.00 ea.8-)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet & the hobby.:hello:

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am almost 40 years old and have never actually seen a Chuck E. Cheese in person, either in a mall or just driving by one. Somehow I have a couple dozen of these coins. Keep at it! Your addiction will only get worse!

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Except for the anger part...pretty much every time my MD goes off makes my nipples hard! Welcome to your new addiction!8-)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Congrats! You have found your first cache!
May the next one be the one you seek.

Welcome to the addiction...i mean hobby.

I once found a jar at the beach with a metal lid.....the contense was not as pleasant as yours. I reburied it too....RIP mr. hampster.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread