I Started Out Using One Of My Tricks To Find Silver Coins - It Didn't Work!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to a house that I had previously detected to see if I could unmask some good targets. Everyone knows that silver coins are dropped along the side of driveways and service walks leading to the front doors of older homes. Problem is, a lot of trash is dropped there as well which makes finding silver coins almost impossible. The solution is to remove all the trash that's masking the silver coins. Tesoro detectors with the small search coil attached excels at this.

It's kind of fun do, you remove one piece of trash which unmask another target and then another and then another. You'd be surprised at how much trash is there. Hopefully, you can unmask a gold ring or a silver coin if one is there. It works, but not today, so I headed out to another site to do some cherry picking.

I ended up finding a couple of silver Washington quarters, a Rosie dime, a Mercury dime, a couple of wheat pennies and some clad coins. The yellow dog followed me around at a distance for a good while before she figured out that I'm a good guy. After that she stayed right on my heels.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_0395.JPG
    IMG_0395.JPG
    732.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0396.JPG
    IMG_0396.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0397.JPG
    IMG_0397.JPG
    684.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0399.JPG
    IMG_0399.JPG
    621.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    390.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    733.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    602.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    358.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0406.JPG
    IMG_0406.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 24

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt tabman:occasion14:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NEET FINDS . THAT SEF WORKS GREAT WITH THE MXT..

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. That is a ton of holes. Nicely done! Guess I need to be a bit more patient in the trash heaps :laughing7:

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very sweet hunt. Thanks for revealing a new trick to try out!

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, Congrats on the silver saves. Maybe next time you can get the dog to help you dig, and save time. HH

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess I need to be a bit more patient in the trash heaps :laughing7:

Oh yes, the last few hunts I've been using the Tejon versus my CTX, and dig a whole lot of trash. I normally dump the trash after each hunt. Maybe on my next hunt I'll post a picture of the trash I dug to get to all those zincolns - and there's always a lot more trash than treasure.

Just do it, and the good things will come.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome hunt tabman:occasion14:
Thanks! I got lucky.

NEET FINDS . THAT SEF WORKS GREAT WITH THE MXT..
Thanks! The MXT is an awesome detector and super fun to use. That 8 x 6 SEF search coil is hard to beat!

Wow. That is a ton of holes. Nicely done! Guess I need to be a bit more patient in the trash heaps :laughing7:
Thanks! I post my junk along with my good finds just to show that you have to do some digging to find gold and silver.

Another great day detecting by you.
Thanks! I lucked up and found a good site.

That's a heck of a 2nd pick for a site. Nice!!
Thanks! I also made friends with the maintenance worker at the site and got his number. Maybe I can get some good sites to detect.

Very sweet hunt. Thanks for revealing a new trick to try out!
Thanks! You have to cleanout the junk to get to the good stuff that's usually down deeper and being masked.

Great hunt, Congrats on the silver saves. Maybe next time you can get the dog to help you dig, and save time. HH
Thanks! Actually I was thinking if there was a way to teach a dog to find silver and gold.

Oh yes, the last few hunts I've been using the Tejon versus my CTX, and dig a whole lot of trash. I normally dump the trash after each hunt. Maybe on my next hunt I'll post a picture of the trash I dug to get to all those zincolns - and there's always a lot more trash than treasure.

Just do it, and the good things will come.
People love to see trash shots.

tabman

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a pretty excellent haul to me! I like the pic of your furry friend. Maybe he could help out with some digging...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions