Soccer field finds.

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to say, I was fairly skeptical after someone suggested to hunt Soccer fields! Then I remembered several T net members doing well on them so, I gave it a shot. I mainly hunted the sides or edges & was collecting some clad, how the battery connector part got there- who knows? The nickels ring up a steady 35-36 on my F44, so I dug some pull tabs also, then I had a repeatable 27 & dug the 10K pendant!
Easter treats & Go get some!! IMG_2459.JPG IMG_2460.JPG IMG_2461.JPG

Upvote 12

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
I had been of the opinion that sports fields were not real productive, because the participants did not usually have pockets nor take money/jewelry on the field. Not to mention, lots of ground to
cover.
Did you hunt the sidelines?

OP
OP
J

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had been of the opinion that sports fields were not real productive, because the participants did not usually have pockets nor take money/jewelry on the field. Not to mention, lots of ground to
cover.
Did you hunt the sidelines?

Yes! - that's where most of the finds were, guess they sit or lie down there?

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeller!! Congrats on the gold pendant!! Well done, congrats and HH

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I generally strike out, baseball on a soccer field? on soccer fields. Nice find

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
I think baseball fields are most likely. Even the players wear jewelry on-field, I think its not uncommon for a player to throw a ring off making a toss. They have pockets in their uniforms too. Don't forget all the locals who use the fields, and where would we be without our beer softball leagues?
Yeah, sidelines is where the players on the teams gather, and the fans also. Players might be wearing those shorts, but fans have pockets full of coins, and often sit in the grass, meaning coin spill.
My old high school had a ball field in a partial bowl, and the hill part was sort of steep, behind and above the home team bench, with a tree. People would sit there to warch, and the hill seemed designed to empty their pockets. I have to go back there.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Hunt congratulations! :occasion14:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, I haven't had much luck on soccer fields but this makes me think I should give it another go.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
have found silver in soccer fields and coins. they practice on them with jewelry on. one never know until ones finds out and not all fields are the same in what you find. spectators can end up on the field as well. congrats on the gold find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread