April Fools & Easter Unbelievable Bucket List Coin and OLD Silver Charm. No Jokes!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
April Fools & Easter Unbelievable Bucket List Coin and OLD Silver Charm. No Jokes!

Hello everyone. Its been a while since my last post, not intentional. Im in between cameras at the moment since I let my girls play with it for 5 minutes and of course it was dropped :( Also not that I haven't been finding some neat things, just haven't had the need to go out of my way to get pics taken of the finds.

UNTILL TODAY! I want to thank my brother for the pics.

First off, yesterday my wife took the kids to church so I had about 2 hours to hunt until family gatherings. I have been going to new sites this year with not too much to show for it. No silver coins yet but that can wait lol. About 10 minutes before I went out, I checked historicareals just north of my house and found some homes that are in park land that have been gone since the 60s. Just had an itch for some silver coinage. Started a grid in the front yard, which I usually don't do.

On the third or fourth pass I get a chunk of metal, about the size of a marble. I thought it was lead so I just tossed in in the pouch. It wasn't till later I showed it to my wife and noticed some makers marks on it. Looks like a clover with a bust in the middle, and an awesome sunburst. I scan it again and it reads a solid dime on my ACE 250! Not sure how old it is but its interesting and heavy! Cant wait to clean it up and make a necklace out of it.

UPDATE: With thanks to Plumbata he identified this item to be a Siamese (Taiwan) Silver Bullet Coin. Made up until around 1850. Truly unexpected find!

Feel free to double click to get the details.

dsc_0089 (1).jpg dsc_0092 (1).jpg

dsc_0094 (1).jpg dsc_0097 (1).jpg

I kept the grid going and made my way around a tree, not more than 80 years old I would say. Right up the base I get a square nail, a good sign there was somthing older here than the houses I was looking for. Kept finding rusty junk and ash in the plugs. I had an iffy penny signal near a root. Dig down about 7 or 8 inches. I pull out what I thought was a token. Man was I in for a surprise! Whipped out the tooth brush and carefully cleaned off some dirt. I start to see some lettering at the top. Then I had a heart attack. Right facing bust, a wreath on his head and a HUGE NOSE! NOO WAAY! I flip it over and brush the other side and see Britania...I thought mother nature was pulling a April Fools joke on me. Im brushing off the date 1807... Am Im loosing my mind? I sat in awe for about 5 minutes.

1807 King George III

dsc_0085.jpg dsc_0082.jpg

dsc_0077.jpg dsc_0079.jpg

My oldest coin and one off the bucket list I thought Id never be able to check. At least not here in Milwaukee. Im still in shock. I haven't even found an IHP yet. Oldest coin prior was a 1910 wheat that was toast.

So there it is. I love this hobby and all of its surprises. I am going back as soon as I can and will continue to grid.

Thanks everyone for taking a look.
As always Good Luck out there and Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
Upvote 21

Geoclean

Greenie
Feb 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. Its been a while since my last post, not intentional. Im in between cameras at the moment since I let my girls play with it for 5 minutes and of course it was dropped :( Also not that I haven't been finding some neat things, just haven't had the need to go out of my way to get pics taken of the finds.

First off, yesterday my wife took the kids to church so I had about 2 hours to hunt until family gatherings. I have been going to new sites this year with not too much to show for it. No silver coins yet but that can wait lol. About 10 minutes before I went out, I checked historicareals just north of my house and found some homes that are in park land that have been gone since the 60s. Just had an itch for some silver coinage. Started a grid in the front yard, which I usually don't do.

On the third or fourth pass I get a chunk of metal, about the size of a marble. I thought it was lead so I just tossed in in the pouch. It wasn't till later I showed it to my wife and noticed some makers marks on it. Looks like a clover with a bust in the middle, and an awesome sunburst. I scan it again and it reads a solid dime on my ACE 250! Not sure how old it is but its interesting and heavy! Cant wait to clean it up and make a necklace out of it.

View attachment 1573030 View attachment 1573031

View attachment 1573032 View attachment 1573033

I kept the grid going and made my way around a tree, not more than 80 years old I would say. Right up the base I get a square nail, a good sign there was somthing older here than the houses I was looking for. Kept finding rusty junk and ash in the plugs. I had an iffy penny signal near a root. Dig down about 7 or 8 inches. I pull out what I thought was a token. Man was I in for a surprise! Whipped out the tooth brush and carefully cleaned off some dirt. I start to see some lettering at the top. Then I had a heart attack. Right facing bust, a wreath on his head and a HUGE NOSE! NOO WAAY! I flip it over and brush the other side and see Britania...I thought mother nature was pulling a April Fools joke on me. Im brushing off the date 1807... Am Im loosing my mind? I sat in awe for about 5 minutes.

1807 King George III

View attachment 1573035 View attachment 1573036

View attachment 1573037 View attachment 1573038

My oldest coin and one off the bucket list I thought Id never be able to check. At least not here in Milwaukee. Im still in shock. I haven't even found an IHP yet. Oldest coin prior was a 1910 wheat that was toast.

So there it is. I love this hobby and all of its surprises. I am going back as soon as I can and will continue to grid.

Great find and a worthy way to remember that Easter!

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding that old coin had to have you shaking for some time. Congrats on finding it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice hunt! :occasion14:

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa!!

You found a Siamese (Thai) silver "Bullet Money" coin! They are pretty scarce and frequently faked nowadays by the chinese but that looks right as rain, I think they stopped being made by the 1850s, and using the marks it ought to be possible to identify and link it with a particular ruler.

Way cooler and perhaps older than that crusty copper, congrats!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW that's a bizarre cool find, congrats!

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa!!

You found a Siamese (Thai) silver "Bullet Money" coin! They are pretty scarce and frequently faked nowadays by the chinese but that looks right as rain, I think they stopped being made by the 1850s, and using the marks it ought to be possible to identify and link it with a particular ruler.

Way cooler and perhaps older than that crusty copper, congrats!

WOW I had no idea thats what it was! Thanks for the ID Plumbata! Googled it and saw several with the sunburst mark on it.
That is simply incredible. SOO glad I took a second look at it! :icon_thumleft:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After thinking a bit more about your finds, it seems appropriate to encourage you to go back to that area and detect even more thoroughly and carefully. There may not be any connection between the Siamese silver and the 1807 copper (finding the latter amid ash and junk metal suggests a small dumping area, so it may have been purposefully discarded) but perhaps the former yard you were detecting was owned by a coin collector and/or world-traveler and additional interesting finds may be waiting for you. The bullet coin is something I never expected to see posted here and is extraordinarily impressive, it may be the only darn one that was ever lost in the Milwaukee area and is certainly a more rare find in the USA than any gold coin.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After thinking a bit more about your finds, it seems appropriate to encourage you to go back to that area and detect even more thoroughly and carefully. There may not be any connection between the Siamese silver and the 1807 copper (finding the latter amid ash and junk metal suggests a small dumping area, so it may have been purposefully discarded) but perhaps the former yard you were detecting was owned by a coin collector and/or world-traveler and additional interesting finds may be waiting for you. The bullet coin is something I never expected to see posted here and is extraordinarily impressive, it may be the only darn one that was ever lost in the Milwaukee area and is certainly a more rare find in the USA than any gold coin.

Thanks for the input Plumbata. I plan on spending a lot more time at the site. I only detected a small grassy area. The river is about 50 feet east from where I was detecting. Some wooded areas and a sizable island in the river exactly where I was. I found the KG III about 30 feet south from a busy street where they built a bridge across the river in the 60s. Its possible that they graded some of the soil towards the street, that once was a dead end. The Silver Bullet Coin was about 40 feet south of the KG III. I had no idea about the coin untill you said anything, really appreciate the info. I thought finding the KG was impressive, this is an even better surprise. I hope to go back this weekend. We'll see what pops out this time :icon_thumleft:

Happy Hunting,
TMD

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

UPDATE: With thanks to Plumbata he identified this item to be a Siamese (Taiwan) Silver Bullet Coin. Made up until around 1850. Truly unexpected find!

View attachment 1573030 View attachment 1573031

View attachment 1573032 View attachment 1573033

1807 King George III

View attachment 1573035 View attachment 1573036

View attachment 1573037 View attachment 1573038

Amazing! I thought there wasn't anything older than 1900 in Wisconsin! Wow amazing find.

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a GREAT find! You now need to GO to church next Sunday with the family to give thanks for such a treasure....and thank your bride too!
We don't see stuff like that here in central Texas. Nicely done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread