18th century.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMG_1488.JPG IMG_1490.JPG IMG_1491.JPG IMG_1492.JPG I got out tonight to an old tavern location, as we all know you never know what may come out of the ground. I have been busy lately so not much time for some fun, but tonight I found this 18th century pocket pistol barrel, I really think this is a good start to a good year, the coins are a well find, the bell is a new one on me, the badge is quite brittle, kinda neat all the same.HH

Upvote 19

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice, Brian! You have a good site and found some interesting things...

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Turns out the city owns the land, free to detect, the farmer next door came over to chat, he told me there is an 1830s foundation on his land, I will be visiting him this weekend.HH

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you found a great spot to hunt,and the results are amazing.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on the boot pistol it's a awesome recovery. The badge must be made of lead, too bad it's been hit in the centre. Could be a R/R badge from the Toronto Line? Congrats on the finds and good luck at the new permission coming up.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very cool finds, an old percussion pistol barrel is always exciting and a bucket lister for me as is the bell

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on a fine tavern hunt! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on the boot pistol it's a awesome recovery. The badge must be made of lead, too bad it's been hit in the centre. Could be a R/R badge from the Toronto Line? Congrats on the finds and good luck at the new permission coming up.
Thanks man, the badge I think says maker in the center, the bottom reads town Line I think, the pistol is a Belgium maker, 19th century I have found out, thanks again.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a nice hunt, BrianC, the boot pistol is high on all our lists and the shield is awesome. I can envision a bunch of drunk colonials stumbling around, dropping coins by the handful! Here's hoping you get back there soon and find a bunch..Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread