cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All. Finally got around to cleaning the early auto association badge posted a few days ago see link.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...me-relics-interest-w-old-auto-assn-badge.html

Straightened it out soaked it 1/3 lemon juice and water solution, added a bit of olive oil and wallah...at least it is easily readable now. Still cannot find a match for it on the internet but I am happy to put it to rest in my coolection.

Thanks for the view and Good Luck out there. C9

Attachments

• 11 CL 032218 Auto Assn Tag3.jpg
    11 CL 032218 Auto Assn Tag3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 80
  • SAOA Clnd.jpg
    SAOA Clnd.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 138
Upvote 13

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello All. Finally got around to cleaning the early auto association badge posted a few days ago see link.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...me-relics-interest-w-old-auto-assn-badge.html

Straightened it out soaked it 1/3 lemon juice and water solution, added a bit of olive oil and wallah...at least it is easily readable now. Still cannot find a match for it on the internet but I am happy to put it to rest in my coolection.

Thanks for the view and Good Luck out there. C9
You did a great job with that it looks really good and it's a very cool find for sure excellent save

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yes, very nice job on a very cool piece

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the awesome relic find! :occasion14:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a car guy C9, so that piece looks really cool to me. Congrats on the nice resto job sir!

Best of luck to you.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really enjoy reading a post where a person takes such pride in restoring their digs.

OP
OP
cambria09

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really enjoy reading a post where a person takes such pride in restoring their digs.

Hello thrifty76now. This piece was a bit of challenge, there was nothing showing on it when dug, in fact I almost threw it in the copper/brass bucket. No amount of tooth brushing was working. After showing it to my good buddy Btoots, he suggested lemon juice. I am a minimalist when it comes to cleaning so I was reluctant to try it but it worked!! Thanks Btoots!!!

BTW cleaning is half the fun in my opinion...well maybe not half but still fun to see a good find revealing itself. Thanks for the kind comments and Good Luck out there. C9

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a GREAT piece !!! Congrats !!!! cleaned up fantastic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread