West of Montréal
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer11
excalibur11
XP déus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sortie avec Michel sur un site très pollué.
Nous avons poussé les capacité de nos détecteur sur un site difficile.
Le résultat Déus 7 et …quinox 0.
LOL.
C'est une nouvelle machine que Michel utilise.
Il a du travaille à faire.:laughing7:

Hunting with Michel on a very polluted site.
We pushed capacity of our detector on a difficult site.
The result Déus 7 and …quinox 0.
LOL.
It is the new machine which Michel uses.
He has of work to make.:laughing7:

Upvote 13

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm for sure with Cru on this one, AARC is dead on too. I can't wait to see what Deus comes up with next. My Deus is good in the water, only because she only sees fresh water and has a great warranty, if not for that she'd be a dead memory. Those bags leak and I've been through a coil already, few of my friends have also, but again the warranty covered all this. My Excalibur was a hair from disaster with the o ring almost out of the pinpoint switch. Almost got water infiltration, from what I've heard, warranty would be a nightmare if that would have happened (I really don't know, just what I was told through the grapevine) I would not want to find out. The multi-frequency can't be beat with the Excalibur for the water, fresh or salt.

Nice finds, I have not tried the translator yet.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's pretty clear bigger numbers of sales must come from the mid. range than the higher end, because you know the E-trac just took a bullet, and I'd bet far fewer will step up to the CTX now. The funny part to me is a lot of the hype is probably by people who have never used an Explorer, E-trac, or SE, so had no idea all along how good they are when you know how to use them. The equinox with the quicker recovery is more user friendly to someone new, so of course it seems like a great detector.... because Minelabs always have been. Heck the AT Pro was super hyped for what it is, and all the people who have gone from it to the Equinox are figuring that out now. All that said, it's the sites that count and just getting over the good one! :headbang:

That's why I sold my CTX 30 30, I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to use that machine, I was smart enough to figure out that the 2000 dollars for it was not needed when I already had 2400 dollars in two machines (Excalibur, XP Deus) that can find anything the CTX could.
Location, location and getting the coil over the target. Also frequency's make a huge difference in finding things that were in the same place your coil already passed over and came up with a blank.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed... and ...

<--------------------- You will NOT see my avatar info void of the 2 detectors you see there now.

Might see another added... That I USE... not just "own"... (and I own now OR have owned more that are not listed)

But those 2... the old saying "when winning at a game of cards... don't switch games" comes to mind.

Now I admit... I am interested in ALL detectors.. Especially new ones that I know nothing at all about...
OR have the "hype"... OR are new from Minelab beings I am a Minelab fan / user for eons... and have run every mid to upper level machine they have ever made... I think :/

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AARC, I have owned just a few brands through time. White's, Tesoro, XP Deus, Garrett and Minelab. I had fun with all of them. Relic for relic, dollar for dollar, the White's did the poorest, followed on it's heels by the Garrett. The Tesoro has found the most and the most valued. The XP is right on it's heels and is heading for the finish line. The Minelab hasn't been in the stable long enough to get trained yet.:laughing7:

It sometimes feels like a horse race. Right now I have three machines and figure I won't purchase anything for awhile because I am doing well with what I have. Fortunately I don't have machines sitting around gathering dust, but of the three, some I use on some spots, the others on another spot.

It gets expensive to try every new toy out there.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AARC, I have owned just a few brands through time. White's, Tesoro, XP Deus, Garrett and Minelab. I had fun with all of them. Relic for relic, dollar for dollar, the White's did the poorest, followed on it's heels by the Garrett. The Tesoro has found the most and the most valued. The XP is right on it's heels and is heading for the finish line. The Minelab hasn't been in the stable long enough to get trained yet.:laughing7:

It sometimes feels like a horse race. Right now I have three machines and figure I won't purchase anything for awhile because I am doing well with what I have. Fortunately I don't have machines sitting around gathering dust, but of the three, some I use on some spots, the others on another spot.

It gets expensive to try every new toy out there.

Coolio...

I have owned everything from Whites Coinmasters to IDX' DFX. TM808 and a slew of other olde whites... etc..

Anyway... I have had few old Garretts... as well as 2500 with 12 was my fav Garrett... MArk 2 wasnt bad... was lighter than my pulse... and worked beaches ok.

once ML did blue... that was it for MArks.

My pulse has been around since dino's roamed. :P

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Cibola and your pulse should get together some New Years' eve and remember the good ole' days.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm for sure with Cru on this one, AARC is dead on too. I can't wait to see what Deus comes up with next. My Deus is good in the water, only because she only sees fresh water and has a great warranty, if not for that she'd be a dead memory. Those bags leak and I've been through a coil already, few of my friends have also, but again the warranty covered all this. My Excalibur was a hair from disaster with the o ring almost out of the pinpoint switch. Almost got water infiltration, from what I've heard, warranty would be a nightmare if that would have happened (I really don't know, just what I was told through the grapevine) I would not want to find out. The multi-frequency can't be beat with the Excalibur for the water, fresh or salt.

Nice finds, I have not tried the translator yet.

I disagree. I do believe I am very deadly and capable of going against anyone with an Excal in fresh water with my CZ's. I have hunted with Excal's and nobody has been able to prove their Excal is deeper or better.

I also swing an Equinox 800 on land now and love the weight of it. I will be swinging it in the water when it warms up here and will voice my opinion of it in the Detroit river as soon as I get my dive shaft and waterproof headphones and it warms up a bit here.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Betcha my pulse will blow doors on your CZ :P

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Betcha my pulse will blow doors on your CZ :P

LOL I will bet it will also. However, Not in the Detroit river where I play. You would be digging thousands of dock nails while I dig the gold

Picture of where I play. No buildings no dock no nothing is there now.

I am hoping the Equinox will pick through the nails better than the CZ's and Tiger Sharks I use.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuba my man... where ya been anyhoot ?

Too cold yet for the DR ?

I notice no posts lately ... which I miss.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Scuba my man... where ya been anyhoot ?

Too cold yet for the DR ?

I notice no posts lately ... which I miss.

I went to Florida for over a week and got sick along with hurt and didn't dive. Just waded for over 500 coins and no gold. Then I went to Cancun for a week and the water was too rough to play in much. I got beat up and drenched by the waves and was rewarded with a 10 peso coin and a 20 euro coin and a pair of sunglasses from China. I came back to a Equinox 800 in the mail and have been out in the woods playing with it. So far I have found 8 mercs, 2 rosies, a 1936 SLQ and a Washington.

Not a lot of interesting finds to post. I am just itching to get back in the water and get the gold I have been missing.

I have my boat uncovered although the highest it got today was 37° out. Ordered and waiting for a pair of waterproof headphones for the Equinox, and waiting for a lower rod I can cut down and make a dive shaft for my Nox.

Anyway that was my winter in a nutshell. Nothing exciting to post really.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions