pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was planning for a Sunday hunt, then it was Saturday because of the incoming weather. Well I looked this morning and I was out the door as it's going to be a wet one for 6 days.
So I thought of a cellar hole I have permission to, and I hit with pretty good results last year.
The hay/grass was the issue so thinking that the winter packed down the grass I returned to see if I could sniff out a few keepers.
I was treated by a big copper which turned out to be pretty sweet If I my say so myself.
Then came the first silver from this site and it was in the iron as well.
A buckle gave me another smile.
Then came yet another copper being a large cent.
Getting late so I'm just throwing this post together or it never happen.

I just love these One Penny Tokens
20180411_200657.jpg 20180411_200448.jpg

1853 dime
20180411_120830.jpg 20180411_120847.jpg

The buckle and the 1845 One Cent

20180411_114835.jpg 20180411_191459.jpg

20180411_154022.jpg

Have cross a little water to get onto the site.
Really keeps the trash off the site.
20180411_164041.jpg

And who can forget the reason good things come up once in a while, get the iron out.

20180411_163736.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 34

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're definitely on an early Upper Canada Loyalist settlement site there buddy! :occasion14:
I never get tired of seeing early US coins being found north of the border, reminds me of those who helped settle our great country! :thumbsup:

"Loyalists were American colonists, of different ethnic backgrounds, who supported the British cause during the American Revolution (1775–83). Tens of thousands migrated to British North America during and after the revolutionary war — boosting the population and heavily influencing the politics and culture of what would become Canada. As American rebels fought for independence from Britain, Loyalists supported the "mother country" for different reasons. Many felt a personal loyalty to the Crown or were afraid that revolution would bring chaos to America. Many agreed with the rebels’ view that America had suffered wrongs at the hands of Britain but believed the solution could be worked out within the British Empire.

Others saw themselves as weak or threatened within American society and in need of an outside defender. These included linguistic and religious minorities, recent immigrants not fully integrated into American society, as well as Black and Aboriginal people. Others were simply attracted by free land and provisions. Sympathy for the Crown was a dangerous sentiment; those who defied the revolutionary forces could find themselves without civil rights, subject to mob violence, or flung into prison. Loyalist property was vandalized and often confiscated. During the Revolution more than 19,000 Loyalists served Britain in specially created provincial militia corps, accompanied by several thousand Aboriginal allies. Others spent the war in such strongholds as New York City and Boston, or in refugee camps such as those at Sorel and Machiche, Québec. Between 80,000 and 100,000 eventually fled, about half of them to Canada."

The '45 LC, the '53 Seated & the '54 U.C. One Penny are all great finds my friend! :hello2:
Dave

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're definitely on an early Upper Canada Loyalist settlement site there buddy! :occasion14:
I never get tired of seeing early US coins being found north of the border, reminds me of those who helped settle our great country! :thumbsup:

"Loyalists were American colonists, of different ethnic backgrounds, who supported the British cause during the American Revolution (1775–83). Tens of thousands migrated to British North America during and after the revolutionary war — boosting the population and heavily influencing the politics and culture of what would become Canada. As American rebels fought for independence from Britain, Loyalists supported the "mother country" for different reasons. Many felt a personal loyalty to the Crown or were afraid that revolution would bring chaos to America. Many agreed with the rebels’ view that America had suffered wrongs at the hands of Britain but believed the solution could be worked out within the British Empire.

Others saw themselves as weak or threatened within American society and in need of an outside defender. These included linguistic and religious minorities, recent immigrants not fully integrated into American society, as well as Black and Aboriginal people. Others were simply attracted by free land and provisions. Sympathy for the Crown was a dangerous sentiment; those who defied the revolutionary forces could find themselves without civil rights, subject to mob violence, or flung into prison. Loyalist property was vandalized and often confiscated. During the Revolution more than 19,000 Loyalists served Britain in specially created provincial militia corps, accompanied by several thousand Aboriginal allies. Others spent the war in such strongholds as New York City and Boston, or in refugee camps such as those at Sorel and Machiche, Québec. Between 80,000 and 100,000 eventually fled, about half of them to Canada."

The '45 LC, the '53 Seated & the '54 U.C. One Penny are all great finds my friend! :hello2:
Dave

That's Dave
It's one of those better hunts where one gets a few good ones.

very nice!

Thanks CD

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet work pepper j . Glad your finally getting out !! Wow.....what a brutal winter for ya !! Go get it brother !! Congrats.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave
There are sites we hunt in the bahamas that are also loyalist plantation ruins. Many fled to the bahamas to flee persecution.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love those big 1P also, and that is a real nice one. I would say the best you can expect out of dirt. Is the soil sandy ?

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet work pepper j . Glad your finally getting out !! Wow.....what a brutal winter for ya !! Go get it brother !! Congrats.

Thanks BB
We're in a full ugly winter storm right now. Ice pellets mixed with freezing rain to a depth of 1" but they've forecasted another 10-12" of the mix.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love those big 1P also, and that is a real nice one. I would say the best you can expect out of dirt. Is the soil sandy ?

Thanks Rick
Actually it was right out of heavy clay, which surprised me even more.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wanna do it, I'll PM ya when I get settled in

Just not for a week or so, it looks like the middle of winter outside again. :laughing7:

Just PM me when you'd be able to in the future and hopefully it'll be pre/post/ of crop, calving, pasturing of cattle (throw the blood suckers into the mix also) season.
Which leaves the stressed feeling of so much land and a postage stamp of time to cover them all.

I have 5-6000 acres of permissions around my area to hunt so there's always an option while the grounds are soft.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful finds! That One Penny sure looks great. Congrats!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That One Penny Token is really sweet. And there you go digging US seated silver and I can't find any down here in the States!

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful finds! That One Penny sure looks great. Congrats!

Thanks Aureus

At least it wasn't burnt from the soils as many that come out. Best of luck when the weather clears for your next hunt.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! Great finds!!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread