Treasure hunting at Garage sales in Ohio, Harley Buckle Pic requeseted by group

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Gary and I have not been out hunting to much in this darn hot weather. Then last week it rained like heck around my neck of the woods here in Ohio and most of the towns close by got flooded out. A lot of people lost everything they own. Luckily I didn't get any water in my basement. But my neighbors did, they got as much as 3 feet of water in their basements.

Well it was to hot to hunt, then to wet to hunt, so Gary and I stopped by a Garage sale on the way home last week. Boy was it a Good One.

As you can see in the pictures, I picked up a bunch of Civil War books for only a $1 apiece. I also picked up every coin I could lay my hands on before Gary got them. I think all the coins in the picture cost me a total of $6. Now that's my kind of Treasure hunting. I picked up two money clips, one with a 1944 Walking half dollar in it, the other one has a 1904 Indian Head penny in it. I also picked up a Standing Liberty Quarter key chain, no date, a 1902 Indian Head penny necklace, which my wife has laid claim to, a Franklin Fist Coin, a 1748 OVC coin, a war nickel and a Mercury dime, got those two coins for 40 cents, a 1804 fake coin, and a couple of Jewelry cloths. Now that's my kind of Treasure hunting and I didn't even break a sweat. I also bought a Harley Davidson Belt Buckle Brand new for $3.

I think the weather will be cooling down this next week, so Gary and I can get back out and do some real hunting.

Hope you all are staying cool and dry.

HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Civil War books from Garage Sale.jpg
    Civil War books from Garage Sale.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 879
  • Garage sale Civil War Books.jpg
    Garage sale Civil War Books.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 855
  • Coins bought at Garage sale.jpg
    Coins bought at Garage sale.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 862
  • Harley Buckle front.jpg
    Harley Buckle front.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 351
  • Back of Hog Buckle.jpg
    Back of Hog Buckle.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Re: Treasure hunting at Garage sales in Ohio

Now that's what a garage sell should be. Congrats on a great find!

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

YOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice going ;)
All that and I bet you still had $$$ for lunch. Cool 8)

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Wow, you've got some seriously cool stuff there.

In the 2nd picture of the books, I think I see one titled "Sumter" - is that the Fort or the town of Sumter?

You did terrific! Good goin' :D

HH
Nan

mtbiker

Aug 24, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & White's PI

Wow!! You got some great stuff there!!

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

piggman1 said:
Now that's what a garage sell should be. Congrats on a great find!

Thats about the jist of THIS story! Way cool garage sale finds!
No pic of the Harley buckle? Some of us ARE Harley fans ya know! ;D

~Nash~

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why can't I find things like this at garage sales ??? Excellent finds...hey, I want to see the HD buckle too.

;) RR

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina

Wonderful finds ! I would love to run across a yard sell like that one !! You found treasure for sure :)

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007

Ooooo....thanx. We're having a "too lazy for Ebay" yard sale in a few weeks and now I know what kind of prices to put on the books.

Much thanx.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Cool stuff. Usually when I stop at a garage sale they have junk. I only stop if the sale "looks good".

Looks like you got some good deals.

Another week or two and the temps should be great for hunting.....

Bob

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Garage sales are fun, nice finds! HH, Mike

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

roswellborn said:
Wow, you've got some seriously cool stuff there.

In the 2nd picture of the books, I think I see one titled "Sumter" - is that the Fort or the town of Sumter?

You did terrific! Good goin' :D

HH
Nan

Sorry I haven't replied to your questions, I've been kind of busy since my last post. I did post a picture of the Harley Buckle I bought.

Nan, the Sumter is a book called Fort Sumter the Beginning of The Civil War. All the paperback books I bought are going into our Metal Detecting Club hunt this month. I am asking those who win the books to please bring them back and exchange them with other members of the club. That way everyone gets to enjoy the books.

Mirage said:
Cool stuff. Usually when I stop at a garage sale they have junk. I only stop if the sale "looks good".

Looks like you got some good deals.

Another week or two and the temps should be great for hunting.....

Bob

I can't wait Bob, bet you guys are ready to hit some of those great sites from last year. Hopefully Gary and I will be able to come over and help you dig up some of those goodies.

Tricia said:
Ooooo....thanx. We're having a "too lazy for Ebay" yard sale in a few weeks and now I know what kind of prices to put on the books.

Much thanx.

Glad to be of some help Trica, hope your sale goes well. What's your address, I'm always up for a good Garage sale. LOL

HH all, Ringfinder

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not yet, Gary is in Calf. on vacation so am waiting till he returns. It's been to darn hot anyway.

HH, Ringfinder

By the way, you been hitting the fields of your dreams lately or is school taking up all your time?

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
ringfinder said:
Not yet, Gary is in Calf. on vacation so am waiting till he returns. It's been to darn hot anyway.

HH, Ringfinder

By the way, you been hitting the fields of your dreams lately or is school taking up all your time?

Nope, not yet! All of our research sites are in crop right now, so we will have to wait until fall time.

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
roswellborn said:
Thanks for the reply, rf. Good plan for the books, too. They're gonna love you at the next meeting :D

HH
Nan
[/quote

Hey your welcome, glad I could hep out. I really hated to part with the books, but a guy can only read so much. You know, with metal detecting all winter long, except of course when the ground is hard as a rock. Then I'll pick up a book and read some.

HH< Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread