Treasure hunting at Garage sales in Ohio, Harley Buckle Pic requeseted by group
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Nov 2005
    Ohio
    Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
    43 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Treasure hunting at Garage sales in Ohio, Harley Buckle Pic requeseted by group

Well Gary and I have not been out hunting to much in this darn hot weather. Then last week it rained like heck around my neck of the woods here in Ohio and most of the towns close by got flooded out. A lot of people lost everything they own. Luckily I didn't get any water in my basement. But my neighbors did, they got as much as 3 feet of water in their basements.

Well it was to hot to hunt, then to wet to hunt, so Gary and I stopped by a Garage sale on the way home last week. Boy was it a Good One.

As you can see in the pictures, I picked up a bunch of Civil War books for only a $1 apiece. I also picked up every coin I could lay my hands on before Gary got them. I think all the coins in the picture cost me a total of $6. Now that's my kind of Treasure hunting. I picked up two money clips, one with a 1944 Walking half dollar in it, the other one has a 1904 Indian Head penny in it. I also picked up a Standing Liberty Quarter key chain, no date, a 1902 Indian Head penny necklace, which my wife has laid claim to, a Franklin Fist Coin, a 1748 OVC coin, a war nickel and a Mercury dime, got those two coins for 40 cents, a 1804 fake coin, and a couple of Jewelry cloths. Now that's my kind of Treasure hunting and I didn't even break a sweat. I also bought a Harley Davidson Belt Buckle Brand new for $3.

I think the weather will be cooling down this next week, so Gary and I can get back out and do some real hunting.

Hope you all are staying cool and dry.

HH, Ringfinder
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Civil War books from Garage Sale.jpg 
Views:	846 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	152318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garage sale Civil War Books.jpg 
Views:	824 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	152319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coins bought at Garage sale.jpg 
Views:	833 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	152320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harley Buckle front.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	152783   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back of Hog Buckle.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	152784  

Minelab GPX 4500, Nautilus IIB, ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Depth Pro, Fisher 1235, Fisher F-75, Minelab Explorer II, X-terra 70

us
    Apr 2007
    Austin, TX
    Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
    4 times

Re: Treasure hunting at Garage sales in Ohio

Now that's what a garage sell should be. Congrats on a great find!
    It's better to be thought a fool, then open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    The definition of average is the best of the worst, and the worst of the best.

us
    Aug 2005
    NH
    16 times

YOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nice going
    All that and I bet you still had $$$ for lunch. Cool 8)
    When you get into a tight place and everything goes against
    you till it seems you could not hold on a minute longer,
    never give up then for that is just the place and time that
    the tide will turn.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

us
    Jan 2006
    Washington state
    Ace 250
    24 times

Wow, you've got some seriously cool stuff there.

In the 2nd picture of the books, I think I see one titled "Sumter" - is that the Fort or the town of Sumter?

You did terrific! Good goin'

HH
    Nan

us
    Aug 2006
    VA
    White's XLT & White's PI
    13 times

Wow!! You got some great stuff there!!

us
    Sep 2006
    Washington and Oregon
    Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
    14 times

Quote Originally Posted by piggman1
    Now that's what a garage sell should be. Congrats on a great find!
    Thats about the jist of THIS story! Way cool garage sale finds!
    No pic of the Harley buckle? Some of us ARE Harley fans ya know!

~Nash~
    Whatever it is, it is valuable. If nothing else for the lesson learned or simply the experience of having been there.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    2414 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Why can't I find things like this at garage sales Excellent finds...hey, I want to see the HD buckle too.

RR

Apr 2007
    North Carolina
    15 times

Wonderful finds ! I would love to run across a yard sell like that one !! You found treasure for sure
    That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much.......   Robert Lewis Stevenson

Mar 2007
    8 times

Ooooo....thanx. We're having a "too lazy for Ebay" yard sale in a few weeks and now I know what kind of prices to put on the books.

Much thanx.

Sep 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    35 times

Cool stuff. Usually when I stop at a garage sale they have junk. I only stop if the sale "looks good".

Looks like you got some good deals.

Another week or two and the temps should be great for hunting.....

Bob
    Minelab Exp II, Whites DFX, Whites Classic III(former Tejon, CoinStrike & Quattro user)

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    166 times

Garage sales are fun, nice finds! HH, Mike

us
    Nov 2005
    Ohio
    Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
    43 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by roswellborn
    Wow, you've got some seriously cool stuff there.

In the 2nd picture of the books, I think I see one titled "Sumter" - is that the Fort or the town of Sumter?

You did terrific! Good goin'

HH
    Nan

Sorry I haven't replied to your questions, I've been kind of busy since my last post. I did post a picture of the Harley Buckle I bought.

Nan, the Sumter is a book called Fort Sumter the Beginning of The Civil War. All the paperback books I bought are going into our Metal Detecting Club hunt this month. I am asking those who win the books to please bring them back and exchange them with other members of the club. That way everyone gets to enjoy the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    Cool stuff. Usually when I stop at a garage sale they have junk. I only stop if the sale "looks good".

Looks like you got some good deals.

Another week or two and the temps should be great for hunting.....

Bob
    I can't wait Bob, bet you guys are ready to hit some of those great sites from last year. Hopefully Gary and I will be able to come over and help you dig up some of those goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    Ooooo....thanx. We're having a "too lazy for Ebay" yard sale in a few weeks and now I know what kind of prices to put on the books.

Much thanx.

Glad to be of some help Trica, hope your sale goes well. What's your address, I'm always up for a good Garage sale. LOL

HH all, Ringfinder
    Minelab GPX 4500, Nautilus IIB, ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Depth Pro, Fisher 1235, Fisher F-75, Minelab Explorer II, X-terra 70

us
    Apr 2007
    Colonial, PA
    White's Pro XL
    7 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Treasure hunting at Garage sales in Ohio, Harley Buckle Pic requeseted by group

You hitting "Happy Trails" lately?

us
    Nov 2005
    Ohio
    43 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Treasure hunting at Garage sales in Ohio, Harley Buckle Pic requeseted by group

Not yet, Gary is in Calf. on vacation so am waiting till he returns. It's been to darn hot anyway.

HH, Ringfinder

By the way, you been hitting the fields of your dreams lately or is school taking up all your time?

us
    Apr 2007
    Colonial, PA
    White's Pro XL
    7 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ringfinder
    Not yet, Gary is in Calf. on vacation so am waiting till he returns. It's been to darn hot anyway.

HH, Ringfinder

By the way, you been hitting the fields of your dreams lately or is school taking up all your time?

Nope, not yet! All of our research sites are in crop right now, so we will have to wait until fall time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links