I got a tip on a spot so I came to check it out. Got something not sure what it is.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a tip on the spot that has produced musketballs so I drove out here before work and swung for an hour. No musketball but I found something that looks like a turtle not sure if it’s a button and a old brass handle. If anybody knows what the turtle thing is or have ever seen it please let me know. Not sure if it’s a button since the shank I don’t think has a hole in it. It hit a solid 42 on the Max.Thank you. IMG_2678.JPG IMG_2679.JPG IMG_2680.JPG IMG_2682.JPG

Just when I was leaving I saw a trail so I went to investigate buy looking for old broken piece of pottery because it’s in a subdivision and the dirt got moved around. I eyeballed a shiny thing and it was just the clasp. Italy 925 baby!!!! IMG_2690.JPG IMG_2687.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 26

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure looks like a button to me

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice bracelet! :occasion14:

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a drawer-pull knob. Nice silver eyeball score, gotta love finding treasure with only the tools God gave ya!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet, gotta watch the Italy stuff, there is a lot of fake stuff with Italy stamped on them. wonder how the turtle thing will clean up

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Be careful of any silver marked Italy. Most I have found has been fake. If you get a powerful magnet like a hard drive magnet, hold the chain by one end and move it close to the magnet. If the magnet tries to pull it, it will be fake. Unfortunately a lot of fakes are out there but there are also real ones. I just haven't found a real one yet.

Now why didn't I see Dirtlooters post before I posted? Must be blind

Congrats on your finds

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
I eyeballed a shiny thing and it was just the clasp. Italy 925 baby!!!! View attachment 1578732 View attachment 1578733

sweet, gotta watch the Italy stuff, there is a lot of fake stuff with Italy stamped on them. wonder how the turtle thing will clean up

Be careful of any silver marked Italy. Most I have found has been fake. If you get a powerful magnet like a hard drive magnet, hold the chain by one end and move it close to the magnet. If the magnet tries to pull it, it will be fake. Unfortunately a lot of fakes are out there but there are also real ones. I just haven't found a real one yet.

Congrats on your finds

Good eyes Truth!

Hopefully that's the real deal and those red spots are dirt and not copper coming through. I think I read somewhere that it's better to test the links of that chain because in Italy as long as the part labeled (I.e. The clasp) is real it's legal? The rest of the chain can be junk. That's what I remember anyway so grain of salt with it.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SOMEBODY DROPPED THERE DRAWERS AND LOST THEIR CHAIN

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does kinda look like wear spots on the Bracelet , could be the lighting , heck most Italy marked stuff I found 15 years ago was real. Silver was around 4 - 7$ an ounce tho .

IMHO Your machine should tell you what it is . Plated Copper should ring a few points lower than 925.

Cool Drawer pull & Button / Turtle thingy. I love stuff like that.
GD
Davers

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
UPDATE: bracelet is FAKE

Sorry it came to that. I know how frustrating it is to think you might have something only to see trash. When diving twice now I came across beautiful gold rings with emeralds in them. Came up to see AVON inside. GRRRRR should be a law!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry it came to that. I know how frustrating it is to think you might have something only to see trash. When diving twice now I came across beautiful gold rings with emeralds in them. Came up to see AVON inside. GRRRRR should be a law!!

Yeah Scuba you win some you lose some

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting finds!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE: bracelet is FAKE

That totally SUX!
Sorry to hear that the other pieces are still cool.

Also scrap Copper & Brass are going for around $3 a pound , so i'd put it in with your other scrap Copper or Brass & get something for it some day.

TRULY SUX ! A 'MARKED' FAKE!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions