The Cool Weather Got The Deus Smoking Hot

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started out this morning with the CTX 3030 with the 6 inch search coil attached. It was finding plenty of coins in trashy areas but no silver. I decided that the site that I was at wasn't worth my energy and that I needed a larger search coil.

When I arrived at the next site I pulled out my Deus since it had a larger search coil. I had more open area to cover and it wasn't all that trashy. Right off I got a high tone and 93 ID reading. When I popped the plug I found what thought at first was a slug, but finally I saw that it was a heavily grey tarnished Standing Liberty Quarter. It's not pretty, but it will look better once I clean it up. My second one for the year.

My next good find was a foreign coin spill. I'm only showing 2 coins in the hole shot because I didn't find the 3rd one until I rescanned the hole. I wonder how those foreign 1942 and 1946 coins got there?

My next find was a shallow 1959 Rosie. It was giving an ID of 91 and was screaming out a high tone that you couldn't pass up. It's not much, but I'll take it.

My last find was also swallow and in the same area where I found the Rosie. It's ID was bouncing between 89 and 90. I figured maybe a clad dime. Nope, it was 1940 Mercury dime. You just have to dig those clad dimes, wheat and copper pennies ID numbers, because they could turn out to be silver coins.

Tomorrow is haircut day and I need to finish putting out my tomato and pepper plants, so I'll get a day of rest from detecting. I'm going back to that site with the CTX with its larger stock search coil attached. I bet that I find more silver coins. On yeah, I found 9 wheat pennies.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_2122.JPG
    IMG_2122.JPG
    588.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2123.JPG
    IMG_2123.JPG
    308.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2124.JPG
    IMG_2124.JPG
    726.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2125.JPG
    IMG_2125.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2126.JPG
    IMG_2126.JPG
    659 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2127.JPG
    IMG_2127.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2128.JPG
    IMG_2128.JPG
    677.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2129.JPG
    IMG_2129.JPG
    425.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2132.JPG
    IMG_2132.JPG
    287.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2133.JPG
    IMG_2133.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 19
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another killer silver hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great day for sniffing out hte silvers out of the turf, congrats.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MAN GOT THAT THING DIALED IN

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another killer silver hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:
Thanks! You know that I'm lucky! lol

Solid outing!
Thanks! I was getting a little worried because for most of the day I wasn't finding anything but clad coins, before moving to another site that held silver coins.

Excellent day for sure. Congrats!
Thanks! I feel lucky to find a single silver coin on each hunt.

Great day for sniffing out hte silvers out of the turf, congrats.
Thanks! When I start finding wheat pennies I bare down until I start finding silver coins.

Sure looks like you had a busy and productive day of detecting! Well done.
Thanks! I'm getting were I want to rest a day or two between hunts.

MAN GOT THAT THING DIALED IN
Thanks! I feel it!

tabman

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're not kidding! Smoking hot for sure!!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The DEUS saves the day!
Well done and congrats on the Silver.
Thanks! Don't under estimate the Deus, it's a proven winner.

You're not kidding! Smoking hot for sure!!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny
Thanks! I'm going back over that site with a fine toothed comb. Maybe tomorrow. I'm not sure what my battle plan is going to be in recovering all the silver from that yard. Deus first or CTX first? Definitely stock search coils.

tabman

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
You had a great day, nicely done! Would be nice if a few more of these foreign coins were silver, huh?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great job on the silvers and wheaties. yeah, you gotta dig em because they sometimes turn out to be silver in spite of what they say. been pleasantly surprised a lot of times. hope you find even more!

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tabman, it appears you did finally bo and find some virgin sites , and with great results.Was there a date on the S.L.Q.?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You had a great day, nicely done! Would be nice if a few more of these foreign coins were silver, huh?
Thanks! It sure would.

great job on the silvers and wheaties. yeah, you gotta dig em because they sometimes turn out to be silver in spite of what they say. been pleasantly surprised a lot of times. hope you find even more!
Thanks! If everything goes as plan, I'll be hitting that site in the morning.

tabman, it appears you did finally bo and find some virgin sites , and with great results.Was there a date on the S.L.Q.?
Thanks! Yeah, those virgin sites have more silver coins to find than the sites that I've previously detected. This SLQ didn't have a date. I've always wondered why so many of those SLQ quarters are so thin and worn.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions