[HONORABLE MENTION] XClass Ring
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: XClass Ring

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Kiwi

Nov 2014
    Nebraska
    Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
    216 times
    Metal Detecting and Restomodding my 67 Mustang Coupe
    Honorable Mentions (1)

XClass Ring

I got my T2 LTD a week ago but have not had much play time on it since. Today I am off work and got the chance to get out side with it,I did a quick search with the 11'' coil and thought I would try out the 5'' inch coil. I like the coil, the detector is already light and with that on it, the machine is made out of tissue paper light. I did not find much, a couple pennies and a 1944 wheat penny, then I got a lower reading in the mid 70's. sens was on 90 odd, dis 35 in 3 tone and 5 inches down pulled out what I thought was just a junk ring.

Later I went in the house and showed the 'Missuss" and she said I found a class ring, she went and cleaned it up. It was a man's ring from class of 68' stamped 10k white gold, that made me feel good. I will try and track the owner down by going to the High School and the public library, there is some Initials inside the band. Here are some pic's, it is a big ring but have not weighed as I do not have any scales yet. Josten web site price $463 Thanks for looking HH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	class ring 5.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	1578991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	class ring 4.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	952.9 KB 
ID:	1578992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	class ring 3.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	1578993Click image for larger version. 

Name:	class ring 2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	886.9 KB 
ID:	1578994Click image for larger version. 

Name:	class ring 1.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	1578995
    My house is a money pit but my hobby is a pit of money

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5312 times
    Prospecting
    That's a cool find!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny
    A2coins and swagman like this.
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

jacdec1968

Feb 2014
    Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction, Az in the winter
    Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer, Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro
    5149 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nice find. Wish you the best in getting it back to the owner or his family. Congrats.

us
    Rust never rests

Mar 2009
    Sunman Indiana
    Whites XLT MINELAB SE
    3140 times
    That is a very nice gold high school ring. He would be about 68 years old now.Hope you can find the owner.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable) Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
    8246 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Possibly in Nam. BEST way to find an owner is to contact the school librarian. They help more than the front office and have all the yearbooks and children willing to contribute.

Awesome find.
    Please leave a ring after the beep. Thank You.

****Always be yourself. The people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind just don't matter. ****

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16313 times
    Relic Hunting
    Well done on the class ring.

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600
    11169 times
    Love the ring. Also nice of you to try and find the owner. Good luck and congrats!

Aug 2015
    Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
    664 times
    Anyone who returns lost and found gold deserves to find a gold coin. I hope the metal detecting gods are listening. Aw, heck, I'll go over and talk to 'em about it.

Good job, Earthling!
    can_slaw, A2coins and swagman like this.

us
    coppersmith

Oct 2013
    brunswick md
    WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
    4454 times
    Relic Hunting
    NICE FIND

us
    Kiwi

Nov 2014
    Nebraska
    Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
    216 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    UPDATE!! UPDATE!!

Thanks every one, I have some more news on the ring. I was going to the High School ( Built 1924, now a middle School) but the librarian part was closed so I went down to the public library and checked out the Year books which were under lock and key. I was lucky to find that there was only one person of that year with the initials on the ring. He was quiet the academic too by the looks of it, class president, bell choir,wrestling, thespian...matching up with all the symbols on the ring. It was kind of neat seeing all the old black and white photo's of the graduates with the sixty hair styles and clothing, real clean cut Americans with values and morals........compare them to today's grads and it makes you wonder what went wrong over the years lol.

I checked out the local phone directory and as luck again would have it there was only one person there with the given surname, a quick phone call and a guy answered, after explaining the who, why and what's it turns out that the ring owner was this guys son. He now lives in San Diego California and could not believe we found his son's ring, he thought we were joking. Any way he gave his son a call and next minute we knew we got a call from his son.

After a brief conversation it was confirmed that the ring indeed was his and he was over joyed to know we found it, he thought he would never see it again after losing shortly after graduation. We told him we would make arrangement with his dad to pick up the ring. After further talks it appears they lived in the house we are now in back in 68' (we just moved in at Christmas) so now I know the original owners name and can do more research on this place and area. Plus I can ask him or his dad some questions concerning the house in general (I am trying to repair the original under ground sprinkler system)

Another phone call from the dad and it was confirmed he will be coming to pick up the ring at 10:30am tomorrow, looking forward to meeting him. The money value does not worry me, I don't want a reward or any thing. the wife and I just feel good to give some thing of a high personnel value back to some one and make them happy. My experience from all this is one of feeling good and excitement all in one bundle. Pay it forward people, it is good for the metal detecting hobby.

Sorry for the long winded post, thanks for reading and HH

us
    Ryan

Nov 2017
    Wisconsin
    ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
    649 times
    Metal Detecting
    Congrats on finding the owner, and for making a friend to the hobby. You are a great person for paying it forward!
    From Wisconsin, Iowa, or Minnesota? Join the group:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gr...s-iowa-mn.html

ca
    May 2008
    Omega, F75, AT Pro
    2638 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Congrats on many levels. First for finding a nice chunk of gold. That must have been a rush when you eventually realized it was gold. And second for returning the ring. I know a guy who found many a school ring, who never attempted a return.
    Will vote honorable mention.

us
    Kiwi

Nov 2014
    Nebraska
    216 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Reunited!!!

Well the owner or should I say his dad came and picked up the ring, nice old guy and he was very happy to see the ring and get it for his son, he said his son only wore it a few times before losing it. He offered to take us out to dinner for our efforts but we kindly refused and said the reward was the return of the ring for us. Here is a pic for your pleasure until the next ring or what ever I find.......cheers HH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	class ring 6.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	1579420

Sep 2016
    GTA East, Ontario
    AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
    1151 times
    Metal Detecting
    Seconded Rick's nomination. Nice work on building some karma.

Dig

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    30857 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    nice I returned 2 class rings I didnt think they were worth that much ouch I just kicked myself

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links