Equinox 600 SLAMS a Virgin Park!

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a recreation/sports park about two miles from my house that is tucked away in the back of a housing area, off the main road, and with no signs indicating the park is there to traffic. It consists of a soccer field, baseball field, roller hockey rink, playground, and paved bike/walking paths. When I first found it, I immediately thought it might be possible that this park may have been overlooked by MD'ers, since most of them work the beaches and the VERY public parks. This was an opportunity to test my newly acquired Equinox knowledge.

My hunch turned out to be correct! VIRGIN! I have only worked less than 5% of the park, mostly around the playground, and the pull was fantastic, with about 50% of the finds less than 2" underground. I worked it for about three hours, and seriously got tired going up and down on my knees! This is a coinshooter's dream...

No silver, and copper pennies back to 1964, but target after target after target! Biggest surprise was the Nox's absolute accuracy on dimes. 95% of the time I saw solid, static 25 on the TID, it was a dime...and a lot of them. Very VERY pleased with the Nox, and the 800 I will receive at some point will only make it better!

Park coins.jpg

N,D,Q's all clad, so after checking key dates, tumbled.

Dimes were smacked at 25 down to as low as 8". Pennies ranged from 21-25. Quarters at 28-29 and nickels came in at 13.

Park 2, GB, Sens 22 and then down to 15 when she started chattering badly, recovery max, notched out all below 12 and 14 (which was verified for tabs). The all-metal pump procedure was fantastic for ID'ing junk. Also, single frequency look on suspicious targets was effective.

Not shown are the 32 pennies, of which only 8 were zincolns. The four 1982 pennies were all 3.11g coppers as well.

Totals:
Quarters - 17 (earliest 1972)
Dimes - 34 (Earliest 1966)
Nickels - 4
Pennies - 32 (Earliest 1964)
Half of a broken junk metal bracelet
Cloth backed and rotting CZ bracelet

Going to work that park to death in the coming days, weeks, and months!

Upvote 22

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It doesn't get much better than that! Enjoy! :occasion14:

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guaranteed that there is more than clad to be found there. Keep working and the good stuff will reveal itself.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the coin hunting!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, sounds like you found a great test bed for the Equinox!:icon_thumright:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been hearing a lot of good reviews on the equinox this just adds to it. They’re going to sell a lot of em! Nice finds and thanks for the ID numbers. (For future reference) keep diggin!

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful notching below 12 there is gold to be found. A solid repeatable 10 or 11 is worth digging to find out. HH

OP
OP
SittingElf

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful notching below 12 there is gold to be found. A solid repeatable 10 or 11 is worth digging to find out. HH

Yeah, I'm aware. But for this initial hunt, I was focused strictly on coins for learning the sounds and TID's. I will be going over the same area again in the future to pull out what's left...including any gold rings, pendants, earings and whatnot.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 hours, 87 coins, up and down, up and down, up and down. Yep, I would be tired too.
Congratulations on your finds.
Here is a field chart. I physically tested these items on site and these are the actual number. Park mode setting.
Under the Silver column - Med = medallion, $1 = Silver Dollar, Count = Counterfeit Silver Dollar.
Good luck

Attachments

• 20180411_174904.jpg
    20180411_174904.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 69

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love those target-rich environments. Good find! 🙌

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
A lot of the places I search are like this, just trash & clad. But I've also found two gold and a lot of silver jewelry in places just like that.

So there may very well be something nice awaiting you :)

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You sure came away with a sweet haul!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread