Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to the park to learn the language of the equinox itโ€™s gonna take me a while and I just came home with some modern bullets. I was sitting at home not feeling satisfied so I grabbed my F75 with the Snake Coil and went to my old permission. Scored a quick 1905 V Nickel and heading home with a smile on my face :-) IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_2693.JPG IMG_2694.JPG

Upvote 24
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! :occasion14:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes they call tried and true that for a reason. All machines have their little quirks, but most should be good to go out of the box. What is not required of any MD user is to learn how to tweak a machine - and sometimes folks tweak them beyond redemption and have to go back to the factory presets. My factory presets always work well for me.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never found a V nickle. I found a shield once. Quite a few Buffs too, and even 2 or 3 war nickles. I wish nickles came out of the ground better.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never found a V nickle. I found a shield once. Quite a few Buffs too, and even 2 or 3 war nickles. I wish nickles came out of the ground better.

I struggle to find silver but I have a knack for finding V nickels like crazy. Lol

Do you know I found over 20 War nickels last year. Itโ€™s crazy

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickels are normally garbage out of the ground. Oh well.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For some reason nickels are one of my favorite coins to find especially the old ones. I have found Buffs and V's but no Shield. I think I like nickels so much because there are so many people that just wont dig them because their machines will not ID them very good thus causing them to dig lots of pull tabs. I will not use a machine that is not good on nickels. My Quest Pro is very good at determining nickels from tabs. Congrats on your V and Happy Hunting !!!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For some reason nickels are one of my favorite coins to find especially the old ones. I have found Buffs and V's but no Shield. I think I like nickels so much because there are so many people that just wont dig them because their machines will not ID them very good thus causing them to dig lots of pull tabs. I will not use a machine that is not good on nickels. My Quest Pro is very good at determining nickels from tabs. Congrats on your V and Happy Hunting !!!!

As a nickel lover the shield with Rays made me start laughing like a small child. Just got it 3 weeks ago. IMG_2544.JPG IMG_2548.JPG

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I recognize that Louisiana luxury tax token. Found three of em in my front yard when I lived down there. It's the one with the triangle hole in the middle.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Solid finds! It's always great when the work pays off.

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, I recognize that Louisiana luxury tax token. Found three of em in my front yard when I lived down there. It's the one with the triangle hole in the middle.

Yeah I find them pretty often. Where did you live in Louisiana? IMG_2656.JPG

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG, Truth! ๐Ÿ™Œ I love nickels...my Etrac is a real magnet for them. I've had them all too...V's, Buffs n War. My first coin ever in '80 was a V. Had a good 2017 with Wars...9. ๐Ÿ˜

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was in a little place called Plainview, half way between Bogalusa and Franklinton on the Northshore. Way the hell out in the sticks, lol.

I live in Abita Spring near Covington. I detect in Franklinton all the time. Thereโ€™s a house in Mount Herman Iโ€™m dying to detect. Never heard of Plainview. Lol

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG, Truth! [emoji119] I love nickels...my Etrac is a real magnet for them. I've had them all too...V's, Buffs n War. My first coin ever in '80 was a V. Had a good 2017 with Wars...9. [emoji16]

Etracโ€™s a awesome machine. I get old nickels like crazy. I have a spot at this park where Iโ€™ve pulled 18 V nickels, 1 Buffalo and not one silver in 2017. You should have seen how happy I was to get a Buffalo at that spot. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread