Civil War Token?

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a spot I’ve hunted hard over the years. Several plates have been found there including an SNY buckle, New York buttons and a pile of bullets, but the pickings are slim now. I did find this heart shaped token today though. Can’t make out much on the back, but I see the words Long Beach, and I know there is a Long Beach New York. Any thoughts that this might be a sutlers token? Or maybe just a store token? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524189818.931892.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524189836.322813.jpg

Upvote 17

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Looks like someone took a token and cut it into a heart. Anyway...You might consider posting those pictures on Forum: Tokens & Tags for more exposure.
I'm not so sure of that theory (The hole was added), we had heart shaped 17th C Tokens.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool token recovery, congrats. Just looked at a couple of token sites and nada for info.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have a one of a kind find. I spent some time on the net and could’t find any similar to that one. Nice token. Congrats!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking token, the other words across the top may say "Cold Beer" and the address in the middle may be similar to "342 Bing/ Ring /Ping" (street) Cheers, Sub 8-)

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Regardless of what it is or if it was modified, great find!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
I would think this is a ca. 1920s trade token that has been holed. I don't find any on tokencatalog that end in long beach, but maybe with a little more help on the obverse lettering, a match can be found. I see 342 in about the center of the obverse - that is probably an address, and below that what may be the street name. Also the business name seems to start with co. Please try a pencil rubbing and/or photographing it with different side lighting to bring out the lettering.

I now see that Bramblefind has found an attribution for this in Long Beach, CA.

John in the Great 208

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fullstock

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think this is a ca. 1920s trade token that has been holed. I don't find any on tokencatalog that end in long beach, but maybe with a little more help on the obverse lettering, a match can be found. I see 342 in about the center of the obverse - that is probably an address, and below that what may be the street name. Also the business name seems to start with co. Please try a pencil rubbing and/or photographing it with different side lighting to bring out the lettering.

I now see that Bramblefind has found an attribution for this in Long Beach, CA.

John in the Great 208

Yes, Bramblefind IDed it in the Tokens and Tags forum. Really appreciate the ID and the comments!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524257435.515924.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread