May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru'dad is away & on the way to Land-mag's house to help him out we toured the 2 sites we are waiting for. They are 2-3 days off doing the Roman Metal Working Site & some way off doing the Roman Lion Site. They are so far behind I'm not sure they will get around to all the land!
As the options had not improved I decided to do just 1 hour on the Roman Lion Site in the better area.
I was pleased to pluck out 5 more coins & a piece of a Roman Child's Bracelet. Pretty good for a short wander.8-)

PS. Land-mag I have your gardening gloves in my pocket!

Attachments

• DSC06583.JPG
    DSC06583.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC06582.JPG
    DSC06582.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Upvote 22

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love seeing your Roman finds

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had a phone call from a new land-owner & they have granted us permission on a field I want to try. It's been turned over for potato's - 18 inches plough!
I need to get the paperwork in order first, as they want a contract, I'll leave that to my Legal Dept. (Cru'dad)

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18 inch plough? That will put the foundation stones up on top! :icon_thumright: Hopefully that did not dozed the finds layer down. When they do potatoes here they use a three prong device just to loosen the soil and even that helps a lot. Keep in mind that a 10 to 12 inch plow is pretty much standard every year.
Congrats on your finds! The ring and dot bracelet was a nice one... :occasion14:

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow some nice finds. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18 inch plough? That will put the foundation stones up on top! :icon_thumright: Hopefully that did not dozed the finds layer down. When they do potatoes here they use a three prong device just to loosen the soil and even that helps a lot. Keep in mind that a 10 to 12 inch plow is pretty much standard every year.
Congrats on your finds! The ring and dot bracelet was a nice one... :occasion14:

I know! I find it hard to believe but I have heard similar when farming potato's. I have no experience in this crop, as its the only soil light enough in our area to even try this. Its the light sandy soil that attracted me to the field. It must have been spotted & used in the distant past. There are no real cropmarks to speak of, maybe some signs of medieval ploughing. It just needs a good explore, it may lead somewhere or no-where.
As you know I get excited if they do a 9 inch turn now a days. Of course I do worry it will push as much down out of reach as bringing up.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Liking the brown toned Roman, and is that a piece of Saxon in the middle of bottom row?

I've had the pleasure of doing a few potato harvest fields. So true in the hit/miss of the turn of the soils as the turn is really changing the site.
I wish we had a plow left here in Canada as everything has turned to no-till tickling.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Super day. They sure clean well.Congrats :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liking the brown toned Roman, and is that a piece of Saxon in the middle of bottom row?

I've had the pleasure of doing a few potato harvest fields. So true in the hit/miss of the turn of the soils as the turn is really changing the site.
I wish we had a plow left here in Canada as everything has turned to no-till tickling.

Nope Roman Bracelet bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread