Cleaned the clad!

besthobbyever

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2007
Kingsport, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I tried the suggestion of cleaning my clad with vinegar and one tablespoon of salt. EXCELLENT!!! I was extremely pleased and surprised at just how well it did. Thanks for all the suggestions!!! This site is really great and everyone is really helpful. Thanks again. I really suggest this solutuion for anyone looking to clean their clad.
Just in case someone did not see the last post, here is how you do it. Get a bottle, gatoraide does work well, seperate pennys from q, n, and d. Put coins in bottle and fill with vinegar just over the coins and add one tablespoon of salt. Shake a lot and let soak. Then shake more and more until coins are clean enough. This can be repeated. I used clear distilled vinegar.

Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
If you clean the pennies and N,D,Q together, the nickels, dimes and quarters turn a strange golden color. :D

Ridley

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Just remember ; Never silver or cooper!!!!! ;)
Rob

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Great job. Now you can spend them! If you mix a penny in with the clads they come out with a copper color to the clads and you'll never be able to spend them. HH and glad you got them cleaned up.

Desertfox

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Thanks for this nice tip. I just got back from vacation and have $34 in clad to clean. I will definately give this method a try.
HH Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread