Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My nephew who is a fisherman told me about a spot where they had a strip of camps that were taken out by Katrina and never rebuilt. They were built in the 70’s but only a half mile from Fort Pike a fort in lower lower New Orleans in near the marsh and the Gulf. So I gave in a shot hope that I maybe just maybe find something real old. Well I got a Susan B Anthony, clad and and then I get a slamming signal!!! 4” deep I dig my plug stick it in the hole and the pin pointer lights up and the first thing a saw was this...... IMG_2750.JPG I’m freaking out.

Seconds later in see this.... IMG_2751.JPG

Now remember I’ve run across my share of Mardi Gras dabloons that fooled me once when I was green, (that was hilarious ) but when I picked this one up I knew I hit BANNER. I thought I just found a 1775 Carlous III Spanish Silver!!!!! The detecting gods have a sense of humor lol IMG_2752.JPG

Happy ends was when walking out the march I found my largest marble everything was ok :) IMG_2749.JPG IMG_2753.JPG IMG_2754.JPG

Crazy hobby

Last edited:
Upvote 31
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet finds! :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's what I'm talkin about.Congrats :thumbsup:

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Misshaped deer antler?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Misshaped deer antler?

Heck I don’t know I don’t think so there’s also some round piece just like it.

There’s 2 parts the white/yellowish outside is like brittle enamel and the inside brown is like a piece of chalk. Some of it can break like chalk.

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Bah! 50/50 chance and you pull the exciting side first. Figures right? There ought to be a law about that [emoji16]
Not to worry though. Now that the Universe has had it's fun, it owes you a stellar find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread