Gold Coin, Gold ring, Gold Coin Ring. YAY!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, is a day I won’t soon forget and what makes it even more special is the fact that I specifically went to the park with one thing in mind. I was there to FIND GOLD! Yes, I knew in my gut that today was going to be the day! I don’t know, sometimes you get a feeling and you go with it but never in my wildest dreams did I really expect it to happen.

Anyhow, after about an hour of hitting an area that I have cherry picked in the past, I got a very odd signal. At one angle the vdi was a solid low 60s number, at another angle it was a steady low 50s and then another angle gave me high 40s. I considered leaving it alone but the tones were too good to walk away from. So I did what any curious detectorist does. I dug it up!

When it first came out of the ground, i was not sure what i had. I knew it was a ring and i was hoping it was gold but it didn't have the shine i have seen in the past and i have been fooled before by Gold plate junk rings.
FullSizeRender (3).jpg

But, Just in case, I took a picture of it at a different angle and then put it in my pocket for later.
FullSizeRender_1.jpg

Finally, after a little more detecting, i called it quits for the day and headed to the car. It was then that i wiped off the top and saw the design. I was like...Cool a panda ring!
FullSizeRender (4).jpg

And then, much to my surprise, after cleaning it up i found the panda was in fact a GOLD coin mounted in a Gold ring!
FullSizeRender_3.jpg FullSizeRender_4.jpg

The coin is actually a Chinese bullion coin 1/20th of an ounce. YAY! i will take a gold coin any way i can!
The mount is 14k gold

Last edited:
Upvote 84

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ammoman, there really is nothing more I can add that has not already been said other than your ring find really has that WOW factor. You give me hope! I often go to parks, only because I need my "fix" in swinging a coil, others I know don't bother and feel it's a boring waste of time etc., but ya know, every so often there is that slim chance......just refer back to the picture on your thread. Nice, nice, and nice...........

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a banner in my world great find

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ammoman, there really is nothing more I can add that has not already been said other than your ring find really has that WOW factor. You give me hope! I often go to parks, only because I need my "fix" in swinging a coil, others I know don't bother and feel it's a boring waste of time etc., but ya know, every so often there is that slim chance......just refer back to the picture on your thread. Nice, nice, and nice...........

Thank you! I plan on going back to the park this Sunday. For some reason my kids are now interested in park hunting! heheh go figure.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the COOLEST rings I have seen in a while, Ammoman, congratulations on a wonderful find! Follow your intuitions always! Sub 8-)

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very awesome, a combo package. how to find both a gold coin and a gold ring at the same time....MMMMMMMMMM success in a mighty way! Banner stuff for sure! cool panda ring. Yep, Banner stuff!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic gold ring find, congratulations! :occasion14:

The Dirt Fisherman

Oct 2, 2015
Greensboro NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve come out of hiding to vote banner. Good job dad! I couldn’t think of a better person to find it than you ����

Oh and also, parks still suck. I’m just interested to see if we can pull more foreign coins from that area. You didn’t mention WHERE you found it or what was found near it. I know it’s part of a “spill”.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve come out of hiding to vote banner. Good job dad! I couldn’t think of a better person to find it than you ����

Oh and also, parks still suck. I’m just interested to see if we can pull more foreign coins from that area. You didn’t mention WHERE you found it or what was found near it. I know it’s part of a “spill”.

Thanks son. Given how close this ring was found to those 41 foreign coins i found last year, your theory may be possible. Since the coin in the ring is Chinese and most all the other items found in that general area are foreign, one can come to the conclusion that the ring is from a spill.

For those interested, i found this ring close to an area that gave up a giant coin spill of foreign coins. Here is the link to that post.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/550999-around-world-3-hours-nokta-impact.html

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ammoman! I agree with your son! Parks DO suck! They should be left for the "old" guys, nice terrain to walk around on, and I don't mind cleaning up trash such as pull tabs bottle caps rusty nails silver bracelets, foreign coins, gold rings etc....Having said that, I have a feeling that the Dirt Fisherman has found some pretty good stuff of his own, and the hills, woods, valleys and deserts are all his now, for there does come a time........my mind says I'm 30, but when I get started on one of those places, my body says. "No your not". Again, GREAT ring, and continued good luck to you both.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ammoman! I agree with your son! Parks DO suck! They should be left for the "old" guys, nice terrain to walk around on, and I don't mind cleaning up trash such as pull tabs bottle caps rusty nails silver bracelets, foreign coins, gold rings etc....Having said that, I have a feeling that the Dirt Fisherman has found some pretty good stuff of his own, and the hills, woods, valleys and deserts are all his now, for there does come a time........my mind says I'm 30, but when I get started on one of those places, my body says. "No your not". Again, GREAT ring, and continued good luck to you both.

Yes, he has found some very cool stuff. Even a class ring that was returned to the owner. As for parks? I go to parks when i have no place else to go. For me, parks allow me to learn signals and VDI numbers at an accelerated pace. They allow me to experiment with settings and figure out what works for me and what does not work. I would much rather do the experimentation at a park or place i can go at any time then try learning at a permission that may only be available for a few hours with no prospects of going back. Lots of trash, lots of coins and lots of gold can be had at parks.

Of course, my favorite places to hit are permissions on old property! Again, dealing with iron can be the issues on old property.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, he has found some very cool stuff. Even a class ring that was returned to the owner. As for parks? I go to parks when i have no place else to go. For me, parks allow me to learn signals and VDI numbers at an accelerated pace. They allow me to experiment with settings and figure out what works for me and what does not work. I would much rather do the experimentation at a park or place i can go at any time then try learning at a permission that may only be available for a few hours with no prospects of going back. Lots of trash, lots of coins and lots of gold can be had at parks.

Of course, my favorite places to hit are permissions on old property! Again, dealing with iron can be the issues on old property.

Ditto....I could not have said it better.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Big congrats my man. That is a sweet find. My buddy Smittyman has a little Panda coin ring too. What a super little treat you got there.

Best of luck to you.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday i went back to the park and did some more digging. Nothing of great value to report. That said, I almost flipped out of my shoes when this coin popped out of the dirt. I fear i have gold fever! That first glint of roundness and gold can get the heart pumping!
Its from Austria and was found in the same area as the Ring!

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

Here is a pic of all my finds from yesterday. Several nickels a few zinks and a piece of costume jewlery found just under the grass.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread