Gold Coin, Gold ring, Gold Coin Ring. YAY!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, is a day I won’t soon forget and what makes it even more special is the fact that I specifically went to the park with one thing in mind. I was there to FIND GOLD! Yes, I knew in my gut that today was going to be the day! I don’t know, sometimes you get a feeling and you go with it but never in my wildest dreams did I really expect it to happen.

Anyhow, after about an hour of hitting an area that I have cherry picked in the past, I got a very odd signal. At one angle the vdi was a solid low 60s number, at another angle it was a steady low 50s and then another angle gave me high 40s. I considered leaving it alone but the tones were too good to walk away from. So I did what any curious detectorist does. I dug it up!

When it first came out of the ground, i was not sure what i had. I knew it was a ring and i was hoping it was gold but it didn't have the shine i have seen in the past and i have been fooled before by Gold plate junk rings.
FullSizeRender (3).jpg

But, Just in case, I took a picture of it at a different angle and then put it in my pocket for later.
FullSizeRender_1.jpg

Finally, after a little more detecting, i called it quits for the day and headed to the car. It was then that i wiped off the top and saw the design. I was like...Cool a panda ring!
FullSizeRender (4).jpg

And then, much to my surprise, after cleaning it up i found the panda was in fact a GOLD coin mounted in a Gold ring!
FullSizeRender_3.jpg FullSizeRender_4.jpg

The coin is actually a Chinese bullion coin 1/20th of an ounce. YAY! i will take a gold coin any way i can!
The mount is 14k gold

Last edited:
Upvote 84
OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! I might be one of the last few people on the site who remembers the great Juju of WA state. He used to run this state. He found a gold ring with the same coin in it nearly 10 years ago. That got him on the banner.

Check it out: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ot-my-first-gold-coin-today-its-999-pure.html
Very well done!

Very cool! Until i found this ring, the only kind of gold coin jewelry i knew about was coins mounted as pendents to be worn around the neck. Thanks for the link, it looks like he found his in a park setting as well. :occasion14:

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Double lucky!!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the ring over to my son's house last Sunday. He put it in an ultrasonic cleaner for a few min. Looks Way better now!

FullSizeRender.jpg

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent recovery. always listen to that little voice that says dig, no matter how tired you are or how rushed you are to get some detecting done.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Now we're talking, TREASURE! Congratulations on an excellent find.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent recovery. always listen to that little voice that says dig, no matter how tired you are or how rushed you are to get some detecting done.

LOL thanks, The voices in my head came in pretty handy this time!

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now we're talking, TREASURE! Congratulations on an excellent find.

Indeed, any gold coin, no matter how small or large is treasure in my book! I know this may be a mortal sin, but i have been thinking about taking the coin out of the ring and selling the ring part.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread