Soccer Field Redo - What I missed The First Time

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
A lot of people have ask how well I think I cover a soccer field when I do one, so I decided to redo a soccer field that I did a few months ago. I decided on the field that produced the most silver rings (10). I spent most of the morning thoroughly covering the area that I laid out. My finds for the morning was an amazing 87 cents. Look out, I'm rolling in the dough now. Even though it showed I had covered that area pretty good, it wasn't near my daily average I like to keep. I like to keep a daily average of around $3.00 at least so at the end of the year I can cash it in on better equipment. It doesn't sound like much, but it's enough to buy a new machine of my choice, with some left over. So, this evening I headed over to a tot lot to make up the difference. Well, today was just one of those days. Even after hitting that barren tot lot, I only ended the day with a wooping $1.81. Not one of my better days, but I didn't come home empty handed. I am going to keep going on that soccer field until I have it covered one more time. The first pic is of the field the 2nd time over. The next 2 pics are the finds, and the last pic is the first time I did this field. Oh yea, I did get one more zipper pull.

Attachments

• 1st Soccer Field Hunt.jpg
    1st Soccer Field Hunt.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 520
  • 2nd Hunt.Soccer Field.jpg
    2nd Hunt.Soccer Field.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 527
  • 2nd hunt1.JPG
    2nd hunt1.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 539
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 526
  • 1st Soccer Field Hunt.jpg
    1st Soccer Field Hunt.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 523
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM,
Your aerial shots are fantastic! Love it, love it, love it.
Thanks for the post.
-MM-

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That field has been good to you...Love the way you marked it out...I guess I don't have the patience to do that...HH

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
You proved that your technics are pretty solid,
it's hard to get too fired up searching a site you just went over recwntly.
Half the fun is the thrill of hitting a new site not knowing what will be there waiting for you. Good luck out there Dave!

Smiles!
BDoo

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hmmmm, you should have started with the area that you did for the first hunt. ;) At least that way there was a little more time to repopulate the area. The trouble with shallow clad is that you don't miss much. Was that all the stuff you missed(at least an inch deep)? Or could some of it have been recently dropped?

Bob

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Boobydoo said:
You proved that your technics are pretty solid,
it's hard to get too fired up searching a site you just went over recwntly.
Half the fun is the thrill of hitting a new site not knowing what will be there waiting for you. Good luck out there Dave!

Smiles!
BDoo

Yea, the thing I'm hoping for this round is gold. I've lowered my discrimination a little more than I normally hunt with to help the odds. Also, I'm running out of places close by that I haven't hit hard. With my gas guzzler, I hate driving to other towns with gas so high. But, I may not have a choice in the matter.

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Mirage said:
Hmmmm, you should have started with the area that you did for the first hunt. ;) At least that way there was a little more time to repopulate the area. The trouble with shallow clad is that you don't miss much. Was that all the stuff you missed(at least an inch deep)? Or could some of it have been recently dropped?

Bob

I'm saving that area for last because they are still using it real regular. That is the most used part of the field. I'm giving them time to loose more before I hit it. Maybe a couple of the coins were recent, but the majority were ones I missed the first round.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey Dave, I see what you mean. You are using the DD coil I presume? I hope it does well for ya cuz White's don't have a lot of stuff that I can use my $200 coupon for and I'm eyeing that coil and the Lesche. Good luck on the rerun my friend! :)

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Wow love that NIKE Zipper Pull!!!!! ;D

I don't know why there is so much at your local Soccer fields can't find anything but trash at ours!! I think I need to come hunt with you! :)

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Dave, was that hunt using your new DD coil? How deep were you digging this time out? Good luck when you can hit that field your waiting on.
HH

Desertfox

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
desertfox said:
Dave, was that hunt using your new DD coil? How deep were you digging this time out? Good luck when you can hit that field your waiting on.
HH

Desertfox

Yea, I was using the DD. I can crank up the Preamp and AC Sense and get a lot more depth out of it. The more I use it, the better I like it.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
You missed a spot! :( Just kiddding :D Nice....
RD

PickinUp

Jul 26, 2007
PA
Detector(s) used
Vision Pro XJ9
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Piggman,

I said it before and I will say it again...you are the SULTAN OF THE SOCCER FIELD...

Your google maps thingys are way cool...

I admire your perseverance and diligence...

Keep it up,

Nick
Ditto!!.. cause I cant spell them big words.. LOL
and I cant say it any better then Nick just did

Texas Coin Hunter

Aug 24, 2007
Kenedy, Tx.
Detector(s) used
BH land star & Pioneer EX made by BH & Whites Bullseye ll Pin Pointer
Hi Piggman1
I would like to see a article from you on how you get those photos where you hunt and how you out line you hunting areas so they show up as being a overlay on the photo's. can you please write a article on how todo this.

Sincerely
Dave <Tnet> Texas Coin Hunter

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Texas Coin Hunter said:
Hi Piggman1
I would like to see a article from you on how you get those photos where you hunt and how you out line you hunting areas so they show up as being a overlay on the photo's. can you please write a article on how todo this.

Sincerely
Dave <Tnet> Texas Coin Hunter

I just posted complete instructions on the "General Discussion" section of the forum. I hope that helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions