19.7 KB · Views: 381
  • Quarter_edited.jpg
    Quarter_edited.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 411
Upvote 0

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
Way to go...my first silver was a merc and a quarter too. I was so impressed to see them lying in the bottom of my plug all shiny looking! Not like all the black or green clad I was used to. Happy Hunting. Dan

B

Bill W.

Congrats! That's a nice way to break into silver territory!

-Bill

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
wow, nice finds! to funny to see the pic of the 1950 quarter, I went out for about an hour saturday at an old hunted out school yard and searched about 30 yards of the fence, found a 2002 quarter, 2 newer dimes and a 1950 QUARTER!
mike

F

Floater

Those are great. Boy am I jealous now. LOL good work LTD. HH How deep were they and what are you using.? HH

OP
OP
Ilovetodig

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
You guys really know how to make a person feel good. I admit I was doing the happy dance. I was using the ACE 250. I have gotten use to it and I love it. It's a killer on nickles and the pinpointing does make things go faster once you get the hang of it. The Merc's were about two inches in and the quarter around three. Oh and the Merc's were in the same hole. I believe it was you floater that said always check before you fill.

Viltaire

Feb 26, 2005
Congo Rats! nice finds. I'm still looking for silver up to 4 1965 quaters, 1 1965 dime but haven't hit that magical date yet. Nice finds. may you find thousands more.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first and only silver to date is a 1927 Merc dime so I know how you feel! Wish I could dig silver every time don't you? I have my first silver put up in a medicine bottle with cotton padding and will probably never part with it. Congratulations!

R

rvbvetter

Very nice finds!! I see you found one of those rare bearded mercurys. WTG!! HH

OP
OP
Ilovetodig

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
Yep I sure did. He's in the Olive Oil barber shop right now. I hope that trims him up. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread