Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Infinium
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detecnik Pin Pointer
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am posting this thread under "Today's Finds" because I technically did find somethings. I was asked by a caretaker for a Historical Society cemetery to assist in locating grave plot markers. I have to admit, this was very exciting. The caretaker was using a White's Prism II detector, and was having difficulty locating the markers. The caretaker said that he had search for a couple of hours and was unsuccessful. I was not only excited, but also delighted, in helping to locate the plot markers. The caretaker was concerned because he want to make sure that individuals would be in their proper final resting places. We spent about 2 hours locating and marking plots. I have found some very interesting artifacts through out my time metal detecting, however, assisting the caretaker has been my most fulfilling detecting hunt.

20180512_134854.jpg 20180512_130931.jpg

Upvote 17

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob, I really hope that your assistance netted you some other permissions from the Historical Society...Don't get me wrong, I know it's nice to do something and not expect anything in return, but I know I would have at the least, asked about doing some local detecting that may have otherwise been "off limits". Thank you for stepping up and helping out. Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread