Dust Eater

Apr 15, 2015
MASATHVSETS
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out about 350 feet away from the root cellar and not getting anything besides shotgun shells. Then about 20 feet from a stone wall I got a solid 97 on the XP Deus' high frequency coil. The shoe buckle frame contains around .8 ounces of silver. I decided to keep the rusted chape, as it provides some authenticity and gives a nice bit of contrast to the silver frame. When I saw the shoe buckle come out of the ground it didn't look like silver at all. Glad I was wrong about that.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 104

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one killer shoe buckle. Congrats! Banner vote submitted

Last edited:

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Phenomenal relic. Yep, definitely banner worthy. Congratulations!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW. such a nice relic. Congrats!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super high on my list! I’ve never even sniffed a silver shoe buckle and I’ve got about 25 of them. Easy BANNER my friend! Congrats on one amazing find that every early treasure hunter has on their list.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
As a coinshooter with not a lot of opportunity to dig such an old item, I'd love to find that. Grats!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Heck of a buckle
Congrats

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really hope this goes up top. These are so damn hard to find. We may see 10-20 GW inaugurals in the time we see a silver shoe buckle. We see more Mass silvers than silver shoe buckles. Way more gold coins. At the end of the day this is a very special relic and super difficult to find. I’d be over the moon with that baby

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That's an really nice find! It will probably take a lot of time to find another one of those ;)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet hunk of precious metal

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on an awesome colonial relic. It sure is a shame that a rare find like this doesn't get more appreciation - only 29 post on this thread. I dug a beautiful solid silver and paste stone shoe buckle a few years ago and got a handful of banner votes but when I first dug it I was sure it was a banner worthy find. I have long since quit caring about the banner. Us relic diggers will continue to appreciate each others finds and that's all that matters.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...l-shoe-buckle-paste-stones-amazing-relic.html

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an awesome colonial relic. It sure is a shame that a rare find like this doesn't get more appreciation - only 29 post on this thread. I dug a beautiful solid silver and paste stone shoe buckle a few years ago and got a handful of banner votes but when I first dug it I was sure it was a banner worthy find. I have long since quit caring about the banner. Us relic diggers will continue to appreciate each others finds and that's all that matters.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...l-shoe-buckle-paste-stones-amazing-relic.html

Well said pal. I judge the BANNER in this way. It should be something that’s really damn hard to find and something that I’m really jealous of and would love to have in my collection. I have learned that there’s very few colonial lovers out there. It’s a simple product of the fact that most people aren’t able to hunt these sites with early history. People like what they know and what they may find at there sites. It’s just human nature that people like what they know. But god it hurts my heart when finds like your silver shoe buckles get little attention. Just keep finding these killer early relics and sticking em in your displays. That’s what really counts

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
congrats on banner

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See how easy that was lol

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the banner. Ive hunt close to a dozen early sites since I started detecting in 2015 and have yet to find a good example of a buckle of this type, let alone one made of silver, so truly an awesome find

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats! A shoe buckle is killer, a silver shoe buckle is just out of this world. A very wealthy fellow owned that a very long time ago. Wow.

Edit: Glad to see that you made banner. That looks cool up top.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread