Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to slip out for an hour and a half on Mother's Day. I hit the vacant lot and found 2 silver dimes and 4 wheats, 3 of which came out of the same hole. The next day I hit the park and scored another Merc and 3 more wheats. Finally, today back at the park, I found a lone wheat and an old tube of lipstick.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_5379.JPG
IMG_5384.JPG
IMG_5388.JPG

Upvote 19

qdp diggers

May 17, 2017
Rochester ny
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one of those old lipstick tubes the other day .. is yours from the geo lift company .. ?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Squirrel. I found a lipstick tube last week also, but mine was from "Avon".

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions! :occasion14:

The lipstick relic is very nice!

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is the large circle thing part of horse tack? I've found quite a few and assumed they were.

Nice finds

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you know the term - "going for the brass ring" that pertains to old merry go rounds they used to put a brass ring on one of the support beams and kids were supposed to try and
grab as they went by - think you could trade for a prize - I found one near an old amuzement park - wonder if you might have one there
518753986.jpg https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brass ring
think difference in the ring from horse tack is horse tack usually has a seam

OP
OP
Squirrel322

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the large circle thing part of horse tack? I've found quite a few and assumed they were.

Nice finds

Thats what I suspect and I'm trying to nail it down in the "what is it?" section. Don't know if I'll ever be able to definitively say.

OP
OP
Squirrel322

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you know the term - "going for the brass ring" that pertains to old merry go rounds they used to put a brass ring on one of the support beams and kids were supposed to try and
grab as they went by - think you could trade for a prize - I found one near an old amuzement park - wonder if you might have one there
View attachment 1590922 https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brass ring
think difference in the ring from horse tack is horse tack usually has a seam

Casper, thats a very interesting idea! While the ring seems slightly on the small side for horse tack, the pictures I found online of carousel rings look about the right size. Considering they came out of dispensers like the one in your photo, they must be a fairly standard size. Mine is 1.5 inches in diameter. Any chances you remember the diameter of the one you found?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I put it in one of my display cases - know I kept it - now I have to find it
but if you found in an older park - they probably had small carnival there come into town and definitely had a merry go round
I think they stopped doing that cause kids were whacking their hands/arms or falling off trying for them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread