Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out with the Equinox 600 this morning for the 4th. time at my local beach on the north side of lake erie. I put it in beach mode 2 with factory presets. Was swinging for 10 min. and got a solid 7 where the water meets the shore. Second scoop got something that I thought View attachment 1591741 View attachment 1591742 View attachment 1591744 View attachment 1591745 looked like a ring but not sure. Took it to dry land to check and wow the biggest ring I've ever got, 6.7 grams stamped (583). looked it up and here is what it says. The overwhelming majority of soviet jewelry was of rose or red 14 karat gold (583 millesimal fineness). I couldn't believe it only rang up 7 but Im glad I dug it. For the rest of the 5 hours of scooping I got .39 cents in clad and a record number of bottle caps and pull tabs but you have to dig it all. I know now. My back is so sore, I think I need a scoop with a longer handle. The ring looks like it was in the water for a long time. I took it to a local pawn shop here in my town and they offered me $100.00 for it, said it was vintage and had IMG_0952.JPG IMG_0954.JPG IMG_0955.JPG IMG_0959.JPG a synthetic stone and they only pay 22 dollars a gram so I think Ill keep it. I know its ugly but its gold.

Upvote 26

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOOD FIND ! very unusual ring.
As far as the pawn shop offering 22/gm, that is fair, the best you'd get is 25/gm. Like you said you're probably not selling anyway, but lets not call the pawn shops "BAD" for wanting to make a couple of bucks a gram.
AS far as "ugly" I'm not sure about that, it is unusual for sure. Not everyone's cup of tea, but damn cool find.
Good luck out there Hawks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread