Cool old J. Martin 50 Cents token

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found something pretty interesting tonight so I thought I'd share it with you! I had a couple hours to hunt this evening, had a park picked out but drove by and saw it was loaded with kids so I went to my backup spot. This is a park I've hammered hard over the last couple years so I didn't have too high hopes and was just hoping to pull a silver. 1st hour hunting was really slow, just a couple of wheats and some clad and almost no deep targets. So I wandered over to a part of the park I call "relic corner" and all of a sudden my luck started turning. First I got a metal salt or pepper jar top, then a flat button and a piece of harmonica reed. And then out popped this beauty! A copper or bronze looking token, inscribed "J Martin" in a signature style and stamped "50 Cts". It's about 32 or 33 mm so its even a tiny bit wider than a real half dollar. Have no idea how old it is or which store it comes from but if anyone has any ideas, let me know! And thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 1526866942801.jpg
    1526866942801.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 14

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, That is a real nice old looking token you found. Congrats:icon_thumright: I love finding old tokens

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool token recovery! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread