First hunt in 9 months. Lucky daughter 2 for 2 on rings with first gold

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Hello all,

I went hunting for the first time in about 9 months with my family today. With my hands as they are it's great to have a support staff like today.

My wife manning the detector, my daughter carrying extras and being the eagle eye and good luck charm. And me, well I guess I was pickin the spot and interpreting the detector.

This is the 2nd time I have been with my daughter. First time was with her own detector last December when she got it. And she got a ring on the first signal with the new detector. Today is the second time she has been with me. And our first signal was this 14k beauty however I think that large stone is CZ, in fact I am quite sure it is CZ and not diamond.

Thanks for the view all. Even though I took it easy my hands did swell up a good bit more so I will probably only detect once a month is all goes well. Hope all is going well for all of you. Although things kinda suck in some ways it's great for me to have such a great family to go in the heat and do some huntin with me. Also to get such a beaute of a ring, and for me this is easily the best I have found.. well as bad as some situations can be..there is always a silver lining if we look hard enough.

We also found $4.51 in clad not pictured.

Postalrevnant

Attachments

• ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Big P, glad to have you back in the field with us. That's a great family you have there, too. Got to love it when they are willing to set aside their wants and needs to take care of you first. That's one beauty of a ring you all dug up. HH and the family that plays together has all the fun!

Desertfox

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Big time congrats to you Doug!! Wooowhooo on the sweet goldie.
That stone could also be an aquamarine or a white topaz based on the size and cut. Awesome find my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Postalrevnant

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Thank you Bobby, Desertfox, and lost at sea. Actually my wife isn't very interested in MDing, but my daughter is. Either way we all loved getting to get out and have some fun. And of course with my daughter being 7 many finds that are pure junk are treasures that she enjoys, so that makes it even more fun.

My family has actually wanted to do some detecting for a few months now, especially my daughter. I just had to keep icing the wrist and hand until I felt it was slightly better, then I finally just said the heck with it and went. My wrist is going to be swollen and hurt no matter what really until I get surgery. So off we went. Hope to do more hunting with them and as long as it doesn't cause my hand to completely lock up then we will keep going from time to time.

In case you are wondering the thing I am doing that still puts the stress on the hand is the digging part. I have a great digger so it could be much worse, but still the dirt is dry and very hard here atleast for right now. My daughter is too young to use this digging knife and my wife has trouble with it. So it's that part that causes the impact. However having the wife carry and detect with the detector does take a large amount of stress off the wrist.

Boobydoo said:
Big time congrats to you Doug!! Wooowhooo on the sweet goldie.
That stone could also be an aquamarine or a white topaz based on the size and cut. Awesome find my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

I am not really sure what a white topaz looks like will have to check that one out. I just thought it was Cubic Zirconia, but perhaps you are right. Will have to do some research.

Thank you all,

Doug

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Postalrevnant said:
.. well as bad as some situations can be..there is always a silver lining if we look hard enough.

Amen! Glad you got out and had a great time with the family!

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Hey Doug, good to here from you again. I wondered what happened to you. I'm heading out now for a couple hour hunt. Talk at ya later. Congrats

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Beautiful find and even more special is the fact that you were able to get out and hunt! I am big on getting the kids to get involved ,so its great that you are teaching your daughter! WTG on a great day for you all!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So happy that you are getting out, Post! Congrats on that ring find and having fun with the family! :)

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread