The Nox 600 finds its first White gold ring ! W00t !

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently got permission to dig a field where an old school once stood.

Right after work in the early morning hours I started the hunt. After about 30 minutes of digging tons of old iron , I finally hit treasure worth keeping. A pocket spill of 4 Wheaties ! Not long afterwards I dug 2 clad dimes and 2 clad nickels all within 20 ft of each other. I didn't get the chance to go over the whole field because I had to take the kids to school but I'm definitely going to take my time when I'm here next weekend. As I was leaving , I decided to run the Nox over the entire gravel entrance which covers an area that used to be an old neighborhood playground. Right at the end of the drive way I had jumpy signal that hovered between 6 and 13 in VDI numbers.. About in 3 " of gravel... I found this scratch up diamond ring. W00T ! Finally I could now go home and get some sleep.
Here's some pics ... I've since put the wheats in the tumbler for a few hours. Haven't cleaned the clad coins yet. The ring I cleand a little but needs more work done to it.. Thanks for looking !

field.jpg
IMG_20180522_094705.jpg
IMG_20180522_094631.jpg
IMG_20180522_094508.jpg
IMG_20180522_094448.jpg
IMG_20180522_094244.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 25

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save! Gotta like digging gold, and the wheaties turned out great! I've got a tumbler I use for my nickels, dimes and quarters...and I have a PILE of dirty, crusty wheats, so that gives me the inspiration to toss them in. What do you run in your tumbler for copper? Thx, Ddf.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work! 🙌 Couple of those Wheaties look great. 😁 And pretty ring.

OP
OP
glenn37216

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save! Gotta like digging gold, and the wheaties turned out great! I've got a tumbler I use for my nickels, dimes and quarters...and I have a PILE of dirty, crusty wheats, so that gives me the inspiration to toss them in. What do you run in your tumbler for copper? Thx, Ddf.
I've been using this method here: it requires some extra household items but it does a great job of cleaning both silver and copper .:thumbsup:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Those wheat cents look great! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
glenn37216

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the awesome comments ! Anyone know a good method of taking light scratches off jewelry? I'm thinking of using 1500 grit sandpaper and a polishing cloth on the ring. Not sure if this is a wise decision... Any thoughts?

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the awesome comments ! Anyone know a good method of taking light scratches off jewelry? I'm thinking of using 1500 grit sandpaper and a polishing cloth on the ring. Not sure if this is a wise decision... Any thoughts?

Glenn, what is your version of "light" scratches? Are these basically hairline scratches that you cannot feel with your fingernail? If so, pick up a good chrome or aluminum polish...Mothers, Simichrome, etc...a few passes with a damp towel and a dab of polish will take care of your issue. However, if scratches are deep enough to feel with your fingernail, start with 1000 grit and work your way up to the 1500 grit, and then on to the polish. Good luck, hope this helps..Ddf.

OP
OP
glenn37216

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glenn, what is your version of "light" scratches? Are these basically hairline scratches that you cannot feel with your fingernail? If so, pick up a good chrome or aluminum polish...Mothers, Simichrome, etc...a few passes with a damp towel and a dab of polish will take care of your issue. However, if scratches are deep enough to feel with your fingernail, start with 1000 grit and work your way up to the 1500 grit, and then on to the polish. Good luck, hope this helps..Ddf.
definitely fingernail deep in some areas on one side of the ring. Will try your method and post some pictures of my effort when I get it done. Thanks for the advice ..much appreciated !

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very nice ring, and had to get. The big honkers are easier but all are few and far in between.

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi wow, nice finds. Congrats on the nice gold ring:occasion14:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring,and the cleanest wheat pennies i have ever seen dug with no green patina showing at all.

OP
OP
glenn37216

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring,and the cleanest wheat pennies i have ever seen dug with no green patina showing at all.

All 4 we're green. They didn't come out of the ground this shiny lol .my tumbling method eliminates most patina but some hand scrubbing is done on the edges of the coins. ...basically I follow something like this method here;
..... for reverting green pennies back to their former shiny copper glory. To clean about two dozen, stir ¼ cup of white vinegar and 1 teaspoon of salt until the salt dissolves in a non-metallic bowl. Soak the pennies in the mixture for five minutes. Rise really well under running water and place on a paper towel to dry. green penny - lone-old-penny-coinAnother method requires a pencil with a fairly pliable eraser. If the eraser is too hard, it can leave deep scratches in the penny. Place a dirty penny on a clean cloth and rub gently in a circular motion with the eraser. Flip the penny and repeat.

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said in your video that you do not mix pennies with your other clad. Do you do them the same way but separately or do you use another method?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread