Holiday Finds

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I joined the forum VP Navy directed me to the IL forum. I found a map there and discovered a field near my house that used to have 5 houses back in 1895. Wow! I've been here 25 yrs. and never knew. Big thanks to VP Navy! I asked permission and got it. He said I had to hurry as it was being planted in beans. Wife and I made it out once before it was planted. She hunted surface for arrowheads and I detected. She found 2 broken points and two little buttons. I managed a torn up spigot, 2 pieces of lead, a .32 long pistol brass, a .69 round ball, and a .44 Mag hollowpoint slug. One IHP, toasted but I can read "18". A Jeff nickel and a clad dime. Found a tiny copper rivet that gave me more confidence in my new machine. (Garrett AT Pro)

Now I have to wait until fall to go again, but it's nice to know I have a spot like this 3/4 of a mile from home. Gary

Attachments

• DSC08974.JPG
    DSC08974.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Upvote 16

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, nice hunt with some nice finds:icon_thumleft: I am sure you will mind more nice things there in the future.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14: Hunting with your wife...priceless! :icon_thumleft:

mhess22

Apr 24, 2007
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
White's Spectra V3i
White's Bullseye TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great spot. I look forward to seeing what you can pull out of there after the beans are harvested!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, looks like you're onto a great site there! :thumbsup:

Dave

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to you and your wife on your finds. Cant have any better bonding time than searching for treasures together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread