Three strikes iam out !!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to the air base again and some guy was disking the ground.I was upwind so i started metal detecting.Right away a 1920 wheat popped up but the tractor got up wind of me and i got dusted >:( I moved across the road to the golf course instead.After about 15 minutes i heard the infamous fore!!! The golf ball flew over my head and almost hit my car. T-ed off i got in my car and left but stopped at a closed golf course before going home.Seeing an old bench i started to md again.Under the bench i got a hard hit, so kneeling down i started to dig.All of a sudden i felt pain on my hands and feet.Red ants were all over me.I never dug up that target under the bench and that bites :'(

Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, that really sucks...Hang in there. I drove 40 miles this morning to hunt where a few old houses were dozed. I saw the pic in the paper and also was told it's a great site. When I got there they had moved about 4 feet of dirt to make it level. Dang my luck too...

DANGLANGLEY

Jobey1

Sep 25, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ProPointer
I've gotten hitten with those nasty buggers before. I still would have gone back for that target though.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I don't know which is worst, a target in an ant bed, or a target in fresh dog poop. Either way, you know it's not going to be fun.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey piggman target in dog poop? That stinks :D AA

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
What's really bad is when you aren't paying attention, and clip the top 2 inches off a pile with your coil. Time to find some thick grass to swing in for a while...or a water hose, lol.

Ants bite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread