Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's The Full Blog:

My Detecting Buddy, Jason, has had several great coin finds from an area he has been Detecting for months. The area keeps producing amazing finds. Again I was working and could not join him in his latest Treasure Hunt. When I read Jason's story I thought to myself; how many times have I passed up on a signal like this. In my experience when I dig these targets, they produce shotgun shells and scraps of tin or small pieces of copper or nails. This is Jason's story he sent me.

Skipped out of work on a Wednesday around 2 pm and went to the spot that has been hit a hundred times. Last week my brother found a 1752 King George in the corner area of the field. We said why not go back to the same area and try our luck. I had to be home in a couple of hours, so it was an improvised short trip.
I was detecting with my brother who was about 60 feet away. I use the Garrett AT Pro with the Nel Big coil. Within 30 min of being on the site, I got a growly hit that was jumping from 46/53/54/60 on the VDI scale Dept. was reading 6-8 inches down.
I started to dig my plug and clear out the hole with the pinpointer when I saw the rim of the coin and my heart skipped a beat. Immediately I knew I had found what I thought was a quarter. I yelled to my brother to come over. As I am inspecting the rim of the coin, I suddenly noticed that’s it’s not silver and started to think it was a copper that had been toasted out. When he gets to me I pull out the coin and to our amazement, it’s a Five Dollar Gold coin. The complete shock that we found that coin hasn’t really gone away. This coin is why I am so thrilled about Detecting. I finally found a real piece of Treasure.

Congratulations to Jason. From the Official Red Book, the coin is a Liberty Head half Eagle, Variety 2- Motto above Eagle (1866-1908). It was designed by Christian Gobrecht, who was also instrumental in the seated coins that are so popular.

Happy Treasure Hunting

Dennis

20180608BlogBodyov.jpg 20180608BlogBodyrv.jpg

OP
OP
P

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did post on my Bucket list coin I found on April 23rd

OP
OP
P

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinman
Thank you
I will get my USB drive fixed and do a better job for everybody, I use my phone for pictures
You made your point

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure is a beauty. Definitely would've made banner.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sir a beauty for sure and a mighty thrilling find. Glad everyone got that little controversy straightened out!

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post a cleaned up pic? Tnet members have a point... share the excitement..

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally a picture.

Ya know man, for the amount of pride you take in your history, the effort you put in, and the number of significant finds you have made, it's really a shame you can't be a bit nicer to people on the forum. I'll admit that I agree with the point you are trying to make, most of the time, but have some tact.. Digging yellow coins multiple times a year doesn't give you cyber-bullly pass. People look up to you.

OP
OP
P

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFW THer
I have only Posted 3 Gold finds in 4 yrs
I just try to help Detectorist find things because treasure hunting it not easy and to have extra tips that will help them be more successful.
Sorry you feel that way
dennis

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know man, for the amount of pride you take in your history, the effort you put in, and the number of significant finds you have made, it's really a shame you can't be a bit nicer to people on the forum. I'll admit that I agree with the point you are trying to make, most of the time, but have some tact.. Digging yellow coins multiple times a year doesn't give you cyber-bullly pass. People look up to you.
We agree, I have no tact. Where I disagree, & I hope others back me up, I have no interest in bulling anyone. I've had plenty of that myself. My point has always been simple; Please share on here for us all to enjoy.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFW THer
I have only Posted 3 Gold finds in 4 yrs
I just try to help Detectorist find things because treasure hunting it not easy and to have extra tips that will help them be more successful.
Sorry you feel that way
dennis

I think you have plenty to give, so put it on this platform for us all to enjoy. If you want to put it elsewhere, that is fine to, but don't just link me/others to it. Put the same effort here as well & I/we will join in. Like you do...

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Excellent gold coin found and would have been more enjoyable with a simple picture and less drama.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread