first silver from fair grounds

swampfox

Feb 19, 2007
orangeburgh,south carolina
Detector(s) used
ace 250 and others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had afternoon off so decided to go to the fair grounds for a short hunt . the first signal was for a quarter at 6 inches. i dont usually dig anything that deep but i decided that today would be different and i was going to dig everything . i found my first silver quarter . it is a standing liberty but it has no date . is the date at the feet of standing liberty? i was just so happy . i tried to do a little jig and found out that my 61 year old legs would not let me do it. oh well, guess i will just have to settle for yoohoo and let it go at that. i also found 2 wheats a 1941with no mint mark and 42 d. two rosie dimes and 2 clad pennies. it was a great afternoon. sorry , i have no camera to show my finds but am working on getting one . thanks for looking and hh

Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations ..... I had a feeling I should have taken off early and went with you...for supervision. I will have to get a pic of it for you. You did good.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Congrats on the great find. Love those beatiful SLQ's.
Welcome to TNet!! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Good luck, keep the treasures coming!

Smiles!
BDoo

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Welcome to Tnet Swampfox. Pleasure to meet you, hope to see many more posts from you with your upcoming treasures.

I too also pulled my first ever silver quarter out of the ground today. Mine was a 1940. Feels great don't it?

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Congrats Swampfox and welcome to Tnet.
Outstanding on your first SLQ even with no date its a keeper! HH and looking forward to more post from you.

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions