Failed my hunting partners

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So did some research, it was cool to find an old place on a map then then locate it in the woods. Here's the spot.

Screenshot_20180612-131412.png

Did not dig a single hole when I was reconnoitering the spot. I'm trying to get my girlfriend and landlord some silver coins...they always get skunked.

We went out today and I mistakenly hunted the first hour with iron audio off...stupid me. Had to go over all the spots again. Got on the back part of the chimney and dug a wheat with a hole through lincolns head and a toasted merc about four feet away.

About 60ft away from the chimney I dug a nice plate that had writing on it....thought it was going to say jewelry and found the jewelry cache! Nope!!..just the name jewel. Would this be like a baggage nametag?

20180612_195202.jpg

We left shortly after and they got skunked again. Not many good signals.

But....I do respect the person (s) who hunted it before us for taking all the trash they dug and not leaving it strewn about....definitely thought it was a virgin site. I do not thank them for taking the silver though...shame on you hahaha!!

Here's they very few good signal trash that was dug.

20180612_194209.jpg

Upvote 11

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vhoov, great post. We hunted a place today I was hoping it was virgin too...not. Whoever hit that place ran off with all the silver but left us plenty iron! Managed a nice 1889 Indian and not much else, buuut, we had a great time, the fun's in the hunt, finds are simply a bonus. Like the name tag..Ddf.

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vhoov, great post. We hunted a place today I was hoping it was virgin too...not. Whoever hit that place ran off with all the silver but left us plenty iron! Managed a nice 1889 Indian and not much else, buuut, we had a great time, the fun's in the hunt, finds are simply a bonus. Like the name tag..Ddf.
Thanks dirtdigginfool, your right.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You didn't fail your friends. You took them with you and gave them opportunity. I look at you like a generous person, not a failure. Your good karma will catch up to you later. Gary

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the productive research and nice hunt! :occasion14:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You went looking for treasure and found a JEWEL... what's the problem?! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread