ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Another day in the water at one of my favorite old spots. Used the Equinox this time. Boy, I dislike how quiet it is with headphones. Getting used to it a little but it really is a pain.

I will say one thing. I need 6 - 8" of gravel and muck to just dissapear here. I know there are very deep targets out there. In one spot I got a nice tone. Dug and dug and found the wheat cent. Dug further because there was a whisper of a high tone still and got the quarter. Then got the dime and the half. By the time I was done, I had a hole about 2' around and over a foot deep.

My only good silver finds were the 1929 half, 1942 quarter and a 47 and 54 rosey. Buffalo is a nice shape 1934. Wheat is a 45.

That ball of foil is not aluminum foil. Way too heavy. I thought is was a rock covered with foil but not. I am guessing it has a lot of lead in it. I thought that was strange. I think this is the first time I have ever found just the top of a Zippo with the rest not in sight.

Glad I now dive with a Garrett Carrot. Some of these small targets are very hard to locate after you get them out of the hole.

Upvote 19

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would call that an excellent day. Awesome spot and that change is ok to shine up and it will look great!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diver.gif
Always nice finds ScubaDetector! Thanks for sharing...

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Scuba I always look forward to seeing what you pull out of the water and you never disappoint. Congrats

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey scuba, how deep have you had that carrot? Or were you just in the surf?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins Scuba. I still like all of those tags that you find. You must have one heck of a display (or shoe box full) of them by now.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey Scuba I always look forward to seeing what you pull out of the water and you never disappoint. Congrats

Thank you. Always an adventure for me. Tomorrow will be another one!

Hey scuba, how deep have you had that carrot? Or were you just in the surf?

Me surf? NOT a chance. I am anywhere between 6 and 10' deep in this river. With the carrot and the Equinox.

Nice coins Scuba. I still like all of those tags that you find. You must have one heck of a display (or shoe box full) of them by now.

I have over 450 in a box right now. I gave over 50 away. They were used every summer from 1909 - 1963 and the beach house could hold over 6000 men and women. The waders also have hundreds. I don't go into wading territory when I dive here.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, my humble apologies.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great day hunting...nice silver coins! :occasion14:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Lol, my humble apologies.

The waders have really hammered this spot. I doubt if there is much to find anyway. 90% of the time I go where waders can't, 100% of the time I do here. That is how I excel. This is the beach in 1917

The tower was in wading water. The footings of it are in 9 foot of water now. I know exactly where it was. No need to play where waders can hit. So much out deep I can never get it all.

Last edited:

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The waders have really hammered this spot. I doubt if there is much to find anyway. 90% of the time I go where waders can't. That is how I excel. This is the beach in 1917

The tower was in wading water. The footings of it are in 9 foot of water now. I know exactly where it was. No need to play where waders can hit. So much out deep I can never get it all.
I can't wait to do this stuff. I'm in the process of certifying but I may try a spot this weekend while I'm at the beach with the kids...won't be a risk because it isn't any deeper than 10 feet and is a pool created by a jetty.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that Walking Liberty! Definitely jealous of the frequency you get to dive! Congrats yet again SD! :occasion14:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Love that Walking Liberty! Definitely jealous of the frequency you get to dive! Congrats yet again SD! :occasion14:

Retired life has it's perks! That and no spouse gives me a lot of freedom. However tomorrow I am picking up two of my grandsons at the airport for 10 days. 12 and 13. Might not be able to dive where I want to but I will be out there!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Scuby, you manage to find some pretty awesome stuff on a regular basis plus even get paid for it. pretty cool

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions