Dec 28, 2016
NH
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today to a park in Mass. This park has produced a FE, Half Dime, Merc, and numerous indians and various old nickels. I had only hit this park with my at pro and my at max, and now it was time to try the equinox 600. The last few times ive went, I found only single indians or nothing at all.

I started off running the detector in Park 1, sensitivity 20, max reactivity, multi frequency and no descrimination. I picked up my first indian on the 3rd hole. Then they slowly started to accumulate. After about 2.5 hours I had 6 indians in the keeper box and I had to head back to town.

The dates are 1863 fatty, 1874, 1879, 1883, 1888, and 1903. This park is very hard on bronze indians, the 1863 had the best looking front with the added nickel mixture. These were all 9 inches plus.

0613181719.jpg 0613181720.jpg

Saturday I hit a couple cellars and pulled an indian (1903), a drawer pull and an Ox knob (not pictured). Then I went back to the camp where my friend had given me permission to join in the fun. We detected til dark and I got 2 Indians, (one got mixed into the row of wheats) a bunch of wheats, a couple buttons, the Sterling bow pin, and a 1912 Barber dime. Everything was deep! I was having fun digging the iffy high tones and it was paying off well.

0613181723a.jpg 0613181724a.jpg 0613181723b.jpg 0613181723.jpg 0613181724c.jpg 0613181724.jpg 0613181723c.jpg

Upvote 19

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome job on the tribe! love the Barber and the silver bow. looks like you are doing quite well with the 600. like it better than the other two?

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff, Sultan! I'm particularly drawn to the silver pin...nice! Congrats on some great outings..Ddf.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice old coins! :occasion14:

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome job on the tribe! love the Barber and the silver bow. looks like you are doing quite well with the 600. like it better than the other two?

The AT Pro is my first detector, ( been detecting almost 2 years) and Ive done really well with it. It holds a lot of sentimental value but it has its limitations and I wanted something with more depth and target info. AT series never really were able to give me "Dig Me!!" signals unless the target was only a few inches deep. Even with a large NEL coil i felt a lot of deep aignals were a crap shoot. Dug a lot of deep iron that the detector told me was something good.

Being so fresh in the hobby i did "dig everything" because i wanted to get good at the detector but its a lot of digging and I wanted something deep, had more adjustability that the AT series , and more pleasant tones. The equinox does that. Im happy with it so far besides the couple gripes ive posted in the equinox subsection. I have to send it out but i dont want to! Its doing so well.

Thanks for looking guys!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The AT Pro is my first detector, ( been detecting almost 2 years) and Ive done really well with it. It holds a lot of sentimental value but it has its limitations and I wanted something with more depth and target info. AT series never really were able to give me "Dig Me!!" signals unless the target was only a few inches deep. Even with a large NEL coil i felt a lot of deep aignals were a crap shoot. Dug a lot of deep iron that the detector told me was something good.

Being so fresh in the hobby i did "dig everything" because i wanted to get good at the detector but its a lot of digging and I wanted something deep, had more adjustability that the AT series , and more pleasant tones. The equinox does that. Im happy with it so far besides the couple gripes ive posted in the equinox subsection. I have to send it out but i dont want to! Its doing so well.

Thanks for looking guys!

I had the AT GOLD which I really liked except, I just didn't seem to be finding anything deep. To me, the nox does go both deeper and find smaller things deeper. For me, the nox was an upgrade in many ways plus being waterproof. The nox definitely made some waves in the detector world and hopefully this will lead to even more improvements in many detectors.

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a coupon and got mine for $551 and I think it was a great deal for the features it comes with. Also got my max for about $550 and while it's a good machine I think the equinox has the edge. The AT machines are good turn on and go machines and I will keep them for back ups and for letting other people get in the hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread