Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least I spiced up my day a little.
I tried two new, (to me), parks. Felt
good not seeing the same old scenery! :)

Still clad but a bit more enjoyable.

0615182032.jpg
0615182032a.jpg

Some sort of valve control. Outside of that
I don't know except it's a good half pound
of solid recyclable brass. :dontknow:

0615182032b.jpg

I think I could just bring home
A gum wrapper and Blingie
would still be mesmerized! ;)

0615182032c.jpg

New wheels for Fishy...well, sorta.

0615182033.jpg

Ya know....if people would start losing these
like they do quarters...this clad thing might
get a LOT more interesting!! LOL

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 17

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell Fishy I had one of those. ๐Ÿ˜ '58 looks like. Nice work!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And tell Blingy to watch it out there. My next door neighbor just killed a 4' copperhead! The government idiots rip-rapped this rural creek and by putting in the big boulders we got some unwanted guests.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And tell Blingy to watch it out there. My next door neighbor just killed a 4' copperhead! The government idiots rip-rapped this rural creek and by putting in the big boulders we got some unwanted guests.

It is something everyone needs to remember. When we're out there enjoying ourselves looking for that next target, we are in THEIR homes, not in our own. Always keep your eyes open and be aware of what's around you!

Thanks!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yr def, making some money back.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right der wit ya, brother.........
Looks like my last couple of weeks. But, there's always that feeling the next find will be the thrill of the hunt!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fun hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Large erosion rock placements are almost always used incorrectly in this state but usually by individuals with waterfront property who believe they are protecting their shoreline and have more money than sense.

Copperheads love the crevices created by these rock placements. I had a sweet cat bitten by a copperhead while he was hunting amongst the rocks. I believe I broke the land speed record for an old Chevy pickup while driving him to the emergency vet hospital. He survived but his snake hunting days were mostly over (he later caught a garter snake in the garage...) as he became an indoor cat after that.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad he made it. I have snake protection leggings but I'm not wearing them out to the car. If I see one here I'm going to flat out kill it immediately. And not with a stick either! My cats are not allowed outside.

Rip rap in a rural county on a creek 6' wide makes no sense at all.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad he made it. I have snake protection leggings but I'm not wearing them out to the car. If I see one here I'm going to flat out kill it immediately. And not with a stick either! My cats are not allowed outside.

Rip rap in a rural county on a creek 6' wide makes no sense at all.

It is far worse than a waste of money and new copperhead habitat. When rip-rap is placed across beach habitat, all the animals that use beaches to complete some part of their life history, are affected. For example, in MD (and VA), the rip-rap in tidal areas prevent diamondback terrapins, our only true estuarine turtle, from reaching the nesting areas they have used for thousands of years. In non-tidal creeks, the rip-rap affects snapping turtles and other species and reduces anadromous fish spawning habitat. It is an imbecilic practice, completely contra-indicated by the science. In MD, the impetus to use public funds for such projects is to benefit politically connected property owners who believe it increases the value of their land. Biologists have been fighting against this for decades.

We are servants now to strictly indoor cats.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, we are servants to totally indoor cats. This is NOT salt water. The closest brackish water is 40 miles away. This is a county official trying to be a toad. Snakes had to have been around already though. I've been here over 40 years and this is the first ever seen. HOWEVER that also applies to the danged bobcat (had to dispense with the bird feeder, uh, I mean bobcat snack dispenser...there would be a zoom of motion and a poof of feathers, so I had to stop the bird feeder), AND there is also a mountain lion around now. It's been seen a few times.

On this violent creek, it will take about 10 years or less for the rocks to either get totally buried or tossed into the middle of the stream.

And if you want to see something totally idiotic, go see the new stilt houses built on the lower Susquehanna River at Port Deposit. An accident waiting to happen. That dam (Conowingo), translated from the native language which means, look, idiots are going to build condos over the water here in a few centuries!, has been unstable for years.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the sediment fills in the crevices and the rocks sink, the flow may change and flood waters may be diverted to the new lower elevations.

Its usually best to deal with stormwater further upstream. A proper infiltration pit, or a series of them, is a wonderful thing for stormwater - and cheaper. But they are so inconspicuous, they don't impress those with the "look busy" lapel pins.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishy's got the ride and Blingie has the keys.
Interesting valve thing.
Our neighbors north of the boarder enjoy finding more of those higher value coins. They seem to be making it into the land of the lost lately. Has to be the kids are getting them as gifts. I haven't seen too many people pay with those.

You're getting closer to that coin you want to find!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishy's got the ride and Blingie has the keys.
Interesting valve thing.
Our neighbors north of the boarder enjoy finding more of those higher value coins. They seem to be making it into the land of the lost lately. Has to be the kids are getting them as gifts. I haven't seen too many people pay with those.

You're getting closer to that coin you want to find!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Every time I go out, I feel a bit more used up and a little bit closer.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out the last two days looking for Indian artifacts. No machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread